By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Featured in the App Store Best of 2014 AU+NZ! Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
Now compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
This is a looper that'll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious.
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 1.4.10
- Added hardware latency controls (the default 256 frames, or super-low 128 frames)
- Addressed Audiobus port muting policy to avoid silencing output when individual tracks added
- Show input levels while adjusting input gain on iPhone
- Allow clock pausing with pending count-in/out actions; perform actions immediately
- When unpausing by triggering record, start recording immediately, not after a count-in
- Reset clock when clearing all tracks or re-recording the only track
- Improved count-out behaviour:
(a) properly respect disabled count-out while count-in is on
(b) avoid blank gaps at end of loops when punching out shortly before a boundary, by extending recording a little (count-out to next appropriate boundary)
(c) count-out has three modes now: enabled, disabled with the behaviour described in (b), and disabled with instant record end.
- Fixed count-out of second loop when record trigger ends the first loop recording
- Fixed truncation on loop length indicator on iPhone
- Few crash fixes
Absolutely worth it
I have used many iPad/iPhone apps for music creation, and this one makes my personal music flow come together flawlessly. I'm able to plug in synths and record instruments I haven't played in years and finding myself creatively inspired. If there was only a few effects,"no more than reverb, delay, maybe distortion, and gate, and a way to undo over dubbed tracks in the same loop w/o merging I would sell my boss rc-50. More tracks would be nice too but 12 is more than enough for small projects. Honestly though it's fine as is for simplicity sake. I would love to see those suggestions above added to a sister app for power users.
Amazing and super-simple
Loopy has allowed me to put together ideas in an instant, impress live audiences, and so much more. Using it with a MIDI pedalboard and an audio dock really makes this app shine! I am impressed every time I use it.
After owning countless hardware pedals and software loop stations, Loopy stands tall at the #1 spot- every time. Importing and auto timestretching loops from previous songs is an incredible way to remix your work, or add that one part you liked into something totally new. I can even have a 12-part looper with MIDI on my iPod Touch 4g! THANK YOU!!
I love this app. Have been using it in performances and it is terrific. One suggestion: it would be nice to be able to give a simple, short label to each loop and have that appear on screen above the loop itself. I've been doing this with actual stick-on labels to help me remember which loop has which sound, but it would be helpful to have this as a feature in the app.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 30, 2014
- Version: 1.4.10
- Size: 13.2 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2012 A Tasty Pixel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.