By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Featured in the App Store Best of 2014 AU+NZ! Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
Now compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
This is a looper that'll come out to play, but get down to work when you want to get serious.
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 1.4.11
- Added hold (long press) trigger type for MIDI controllers
- Revised binding actions UI: actions can now be edited, specific trigger states can be selected, and actions now have descriptions
- Replaced MIDI clock implementation with The Spectacular Sync Engine prerelease
- Added "Prime recording" action
- Added "Tempo nudge up" and "Tempo nudge down" actions
- Added "Mute" action
- Added "Toggle mute/mute after record" action
- Added "Decay" adjust action
- Performance improvements for iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6
- Fixed problems with timed mute/unmute lag
- Persist time signature across session reset
- Fixed responsiveness issue with track menu
- Added Inter-App Audio Sync switch
- Improved session pause/unpause microfade
- Addressed some re-record audio truncation issues
- Fixed playback issue on initial manual punch-out
- Assorted bug fixes
- Added German translation
fun and powerful app
LoopyHD is a great app that has more depth than meets the eye. It provides many ways to make loops with or without a metronome. I've found the performance to vary on different Apple devices with my iPhone currently outperforming an iPad Air 2. There may be an iOS 8.3 bug that is adding latency to the built in mic on the iPad.
With some practice some amazing music can be made. I love the ability to use this with AudioBus and iMaschine. What a combo! Loops can also be very long which add greater compositional flexibility.
I almost never buy apps but I was intrigued after I've used the (non HD) version of this on my friends phone. However on his, we've never encountered this problem, so naturally paying the extra dollar for a presumably better product makes me even more disappointed. Absolutely NONE of my sessions are useable because once they're saved the audio disappears. I feel like wasted a lot of a time and money, and I hope someone can fix this bug! I just downloaded just I don't think updating will help...
iOS Music Apps...
...Seem to be going to crap lately as a result of iOS 8 and this one is no exception. And why are there two versions for iPhone? Just keep the universal one so we don't have to pay twice!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 01, 2015
- Version: 1.4.11
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2015 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.