By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo. It works between Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network, or iOS apps on the same device. Just turn it on in Settings to get started! http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 1.5.1
By popular demand, this update introduces a new "Play from start" mode, where loops start playing from the beginning no matter when you start them. Turn it on in Track Management settings. Try it with a 1 bar quantization setting and mix it up to your heart's desire.
This update also fixes a couple of minor issues with record-on-unpause and tempo changes.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've owned Loopy for quite some time, but was a bit confused by the interface, and found it daunting. But, after watching their introduction video via their website, it makes complete sense and I find it extremely intuitive and fun to use.
I love that it is seamless with Audiobus, which makes sense, because Loopy's developer is also responsible for Audiobus and Audiobus Remote. Very cool!
I would love to request for Loopy's metronome toggle to be accessible via the AB panel and AB Remote triggers. That would help make my live loop recording more efficient.
Thanks in advance, and thanks for making such a great musical tool.
I used to love this app
Then you incorporated this stupid merge thing... I mean, it's a good idea but when you have so many things in close proximity, it's way too easy to accidentally merge two things and, with no way to UN-merge, it can lead to a loss of a lot of work. For that reason, two stars. Make it so that I can in merge, so that I can turn off merging, or making it CONFIRM you want to merge, until then, this is the rating you deserve.
The gold standard of iOS music applications
This is the best music application I've used on iOS, it's never failed me and it obliterates all competition. I realized I'd never reviewed it and I felt obligated to because of how great Loopy is. I can't recommend it enough!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 22, 2015
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2015 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.