By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon! ## Create music by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
Introducing Audiobus support: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
“If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
“Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 2.5.10
- Added hardware latency controls (the default 256 frames, or super-low 128 frames)
- Addressed Audiobus port muting policy to avoid silencing output when individual tracks added
- Show input levels while adjusting input gain on iPhone
- Allow clock pausing with pending count-in/out actions; perform actions immediately
- When unpausing by triggering record, start recording immediately, not after a count-in
- Reset clock when clearing all tracks or re-recording the only track
- Improved count-out behaviour:
(a) properly respect disabled count-out while count-in is on
(b) avoid blank gaps at end of loops when punching out shortly before a boundary, by extending recording a little (count-out to next appropriate boundary)
(c) count-out has three modes now: enabled, disabled with the behaviour described in (b), and disabled with instant record end.
- Fixed count-out of second loop when record trigger ends the first loop recording
- Fixed truncation on loop length indicator on iPhone
- Few crash fixes
Needs one thing.
This app is excellent at doing it's job, and I have no problems with crashing or freezing.
I do wish there was a way to queue tracks to play one after another rather than tapping on one that's playing and one that's muted. Sometimes, I can't tap right on the beat, but if I could just queue them to go in a specific order, it'd save a ton of hassle.
Great app, keep the updates coming.
Really low latency, undetectable to me. Great import export options. Easy to use. Definitely best looper available.
Hate it can't use it
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 30, 2014
- Version: 2.5.10
- Size: 9.8 MB
- Languages: English, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2011 A Tasty Pixel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.