The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
By Feral Interactive Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
In the battle for Middle-earth, a new Fellowship is born.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
NOTE: If you experience problems launching the game, check you are signed into Game Center, then try again.
Sauron’s dark forces are marching and a small band of heroes is all that stands before them. Together, Eradan the Ranger, Andriel the Elf and Farin the Dwarf embark on an epic journey across frozen mountain ranges, ancient forests and mighty citadels to protect the North from his terrible power.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North is the untold story of those heroes and the unbreakable Fellowship they formed. A compelling combination of visceral action and immersive role-playing that can be played in single-player mode or with friends in co-operative multiplayer mode over a local network connection.*
• Take on the might of Sauron’s forces alone in single-player mode or invite friends to form a Fellowship in local network multiplayer mode.*
• Discover an untold story of the war in the North of Middle-earth, inspired by J. R. R. Tolkien’s renowned The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
• Engage in brutal combat with your blade, bow, axe or magic and summon Beleram, one of the Great Eagles of Middle-earth, to fight alongside you in battle.
• Develop the Fellowship’s unique skills, customize their appearance and upgrade their weapons, equipment and armor.
• Forge a new path through unexplored domains of Middle-earth as well as legendary locations such as Rivendell and the Misty Mountains.
*Multiplayer is only available on a local network and does not have an online element.
Important information regarding The Lord of the Rings: War in the North:
• Please note that we cannot reply to comments or questions left in Mac App Store reviews. If you require assistance, please contact our support team at email@example.com
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 11GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, ATI HD2xxx series, Intel GMA series, Intel HD3000, NVIDIA 9400, NVIDIA 3xx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and 8xxx series.
• The following graphics card requires 8GB of system RAM: Intel HD4000.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).
• You can find out more about the game on The Lord of the Rings: War in the North mini-site at feralinteractive.com/lotrwin
THE LORD OF THE RINGS: WAR IN THE NORTH software © 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Originally developed by Snowblind Studios, Inc. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. © 2013 New Line Productions, Inc. All The Lord of the Rings content other than content from the New Line films © 2013 The Saul Zaentz Company, d/b/a Middle-earth Enterprises (“SZC”). The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, The Lord of the Rings, and the names of the characters, events, items, and places therein are trademarks or registered trademarks of SZC under license to Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. Developed by and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved. SNOWBLIND STUDIOS LOGO, WB GAMES LOGO, WB SHIELD: ™ & © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s13)
What's New in Version 1.0.1
• Improves performance on AMD and Intel graphics cards.
• Fixes a bug which prevents running on 4GB graphics cards.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Running on a 2012 iMac this game works great, runs smoothly and has a lot which can be done! Gameplay is smooth, no freezes or trouble spots so far and for those wondering if it supports a gamepad, just plug in an xbox controller and it works great!
Edit: The latest update should fix the lag issues which some on here have noticed, there was one particular chapter on my iMac which I found would lag if the camera was pointed in one direction, so I proceeded to email Feral and received a quick reply about the problem and asking for more information. Within a few days I found out that Feral was already working on a patch to fix the issue and would soon have an update to resolve the problem which I was experiencing. The customer service of Feral alone is worth a 5 star rating, most developers wouldn’t take the time to fix the problem so quickly but they did and it appears the problem has been resolved in this new update.
Great game, no issues
Running this game on my late 2012 Mac mini w/ 2.3GHz i7 Quad-core and 8GB of RAM. I’ve run the game with the graphics to the max and had absolutely no issues. If you’re running an Intel HD Graphics 4000, be sure you have at least 8GB of RAM, as it states in the “system requirements”. I’ve tried to run this on my mid 2012 MacBook Pro, which has 2.5GHz i5 Duo-core and 4GB of RAM, and it’s quite laggy. Anything less than the HD Graphics 4000 and I wouldn’t even attempt running this game.
Works great on Mac Mini 2011!
I can play on Max setting with very little gameplay lag, however the loading times are longer, especially the first. It said my Mac wasn’t offically supported, but it works great. If the gore is too much or you have younger kids who watch/want to play, there is a sensor gore option. Grab it while it’s on sale!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 7.29 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Feral Interactive Ltd
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS: WAR IN THE NORTH software © 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Originally developed by Snowblind Studios, Inc. Developed by and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later