By LOREX TECHNOLOGY INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Lorex Care works with the Lorex Wi-Fi Remote Connection Cradle and enables you to view your home or baby monitor cameras from anywhere in the world. Simply dock the handheld monitor into the cradle, scan the QR code on the side of the cradle, and enter the password to start viewing your cameras. The app also allows you to:
• Take and share snapshots from your cameras directly to your mobile device.
• Zoom in on live video.
• Control the P/T camera from your mobile device.
• iOS v5.1 and higher required.
• A minimum upload speed of 512kbps is required. 1mbps or higher is recommended for best video performance.
• Selectable single-channel viewing only.
• The monitor must be docked in the cradle to enable remote viewing.
• When someone is connected to the cameras using a smartphone or tablet, recording is stopped and you will not be able to use the buttons or menus on the handheld monitor.
Works (just), but the app is awfully dated
The app connects to the camera just fine. The app's UI leaves everything to be desired, however. The Lorex Baby Monitor app actually looks like it has more features like temperature monitoring, but the Lorex Care app is the only app that works with the Care and Share camera we have.
The Lorex Care app reminds me very much of NCSA Mosaic and the early days of the internet. Looks positively crude in contrast to any other app on my iPhone or iPad. I think the interface hasn't been touched since iOS 4. Please, update the app, fix the web look and feel, and give us the rest of the features that the camera supports, like temperature monitoring, night-light, sleep noise maker, etc.
If you follow the instructions and put as much time into setting it up as some of these clowns do complaining online, you'll find it works great.
My only concern/question is the 2-way talk in the App. The icon was there for it, the app asked permission to access the mic, I allowed, then the app restarted and the option was gone. Checked privacy settings and I do in fact have Lorex app approved to access the mic. Can't figure this one out yet.
Read the instructions folks...
The app works just as advertised. You can't pan/tilt from the app but it says that in the description. Some of the people giving it one stars don't have the cradle connected which is a requirement for the camera to stream to the app.
Not perfect, but way better than the 2 stars it currently has.
- Category: Business
- Released: Jul 02, 2013
- Version: 1.2.7
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: LOREX TECHNOLOGY INC.
- © LOREX TECHNOLOGY INC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.