The newly redesigned Lorex Ping 2 allows you to view and access LNC100 and LNC200 series wireless IP cameras easily and intuitively from anywhere in the world.
The Lorex Ping 2 app allows you to:
- Set up the camera on your local Wi-Fi network.
- View live video from your camera.
- Record video and snapshots directly to your mobile device and other optional storage.
- Play back video from your mobile device or from the camera¹s microSD card.
- Configure camera motion detection and other settings.
- Have multi-user access to view the same camera simultaneously.
- Turn on Privacy mode to ensure your privacy.
- Only applicable to iOS v6.0 and higher.
This update is signed with Apple’s latest signing certificate. No new features are included.
Ratings and Reviews
I just downloaded and set up. Everything worked as advertised. I did have the same experience as another who rated this app before me, and couldn't get any data entered; the app would not respond to touch on the data entry fields. I finally figured it out... You have to touch at the VERY RIGHT EDGE to place the cursor.
I entered all my cameras manually using info from the other Ping app. Worked flawlessly. Not sure if i like it better or not, but now i have two options. Time will tell if this app actually is better or not. For now, its getting four stars.
One of the worst apps
You can tell from the update history that this app doesn't get a lot of attention. This is surprising when you spend several hundred dollars on a home security system to find out it doesn't allow you to see any of your security footage. The most recent iOS update does not allow for any push notifications from the cameras. If you try to contact support you either wait over an hour on hold or get nobody to help! To make matters worse is when you finally get a hold of someone and when they say they'll call you back, they never do. This app is also not optimized for the screen size of iPhones that have been out since 2014! Get with the times.
I do NOT recommend Lorex cameras for baby monitoring
Worst part of this app and the Lorex service: if you iPhone or the camera loses the internet connection it does not automatically attempt to reconnect the phone to the camera stream.
When you are a parent using it for a baby monitor this is a big deal as it can drop out while you sleep, this rendering it useless as a monitor. Note that I am in an apartment with many potential sources of WiFi I interference, so I know have one camera hardwired over Ethernet. But that doesn’t help me when my iPhone loses connectivity.
- LOREX TECHNOLOGY INC.
- 28.3 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lorex Technology Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.