Los Angeles Daily News for iPad
By Los Angeles Newspaper Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Los Angeles Daily News eEdition - Covering the largest county in the United States, it is the best source of local news, sports and entertainment information. Los Angeles Daily News eEdition now available 24/7 everywhere you are. The iPad app is an exact replica of the printed newspaper with customizable features to fit your needs.
The app allows you to access the paper when you’re offline, on the road or in flight. Easy to save the information you want for later.
Stay connected to the events in your world with Los Angeles Daily News eEdition iPad app!
- Local & National News
- Sport Scores
-- Subscription information --
While the app is free, a subscription to will be required to access content. You have the option of purchasing a monthly subscription inside of the app for $9.99.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• To enable a purchase from another iPad or restore your subscription after clearing your device, please select your payment option and use the "Restore iTunes Sub." button.
• Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription permitted. Cancellation is effective after the end of the active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 2.5.59
This is a major update with performance and operational enhancements
to streamline reading and navigation!
New initial displays
- iPad - In landscape, the display initially shows a single page and
the headline index. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-width.
- iPhone/iTouch - In landscape, the display initially shows a two page
spread. In portrait, a single page is scaled to fit-height.
Tap and read/zoom:
- A single tap on a story, ad or graphic will display that item in a
separate reading window. Swipe L/R to previous/next story, pinch to
- A double tap on a page and display will zoom where tapped. A second
double tap returns page to default size. Pinch page any time to zoom.
- Change default tap actions for single, double and two-finger taps in
Options > Settings screen.
New designs and organization:
- New fonts, layouts, icons and labels simplify and ease use
Read off-line or on-line:
- Faster on-line reading, uses less bandwidth
- Select edition to download for off-line reading or select off-line
reading as the default
- Special low-bandwidth mode ideal when roaming
-Receive availability alerts for new editions
- Improved iOS8 and Retina display compliance
- Enhanced page and type display quality
- Faster downloading and display, improved gesture response
- Stability improvements and general bug fixing
- Updates to improve Twitter and Facebook support
Won't retain logon credentials
Logon credentials, both username and password, are not retained for more to a few days, so you have to keep going back on. Annoying compared to other app standards.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 30, 2015
- Version: 2.5.59
- Size: 20.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian
- Seller: Los Angeles Newspaper Group
- © 2011 Los Angeles Daily News
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.