By Mika Mobile, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lost Frontier is a turn-based strategy game, brought to you from the creators of the Battleheart and Zombieville series'. In a fantasy-western setting consumed by steam-punk technology and the supernatural, can you survive with just your wit and a six-gun at your side?
• Story Mode - Play through 24 chapters that introduce you to the gameplay, characters, and world of Lost Frontier.
• Challenge Mode - once you've mastered the mechanics, put your knowledge to the test in a series of 20 demanding missions.
• 20 Unique Unit types - take command of a wide range of Wild West forces, from Gunslingers and Cavalry to civil-war era Cannons and Gatling Guns. Or, employ more exotic weapons like steam-powered Gyrocopters and Zeppelins, and enlist the help of dark forces like Werewolves and Necromancers.
• Living Legends - choose a "Living Legend" as the leader of your forces. Each of the 9 unique legends grow in power as you play with them, and promote different play styles. Will you pick your foes off from a distance as Wyatt "Long-Arm" Wilcox, or focus on brute force with the help of ace gunslinger John "6-eyes" McGraw?
• Custom Games - choose from a variety of maps, set up the rules, and play with or against AI or human players via local, hot-seat play.
What's New in Version 1.0.3
Fixed a bug which prevented Dutch Quimby's "Parachutes" perk from working properly.
Not for everyone
First off let me say that I personally LOVE tactical based RPGs like this, final fantasy tactics for the playstation and dungeon of the endless on steam to name a couple where you have to think critically about your parties composition to succeed. Coming from someone who's played these games all his life since he was a kid I can honestly say this is right up there with the best, the only thing holding this game back is perhaps the audience and the fact that theres little to no hand holding, I don't think iOS is a platform for these kinds of games, I'm glad Mika Mobile decided to bring this here, now I and many others have something satisfying to play on this platform in the way of a tactical based RPG. My only real gripe is the lack of online multiplayer but its still a 5 star game regardless.
Solid but Lacking
Every time Mina mobile releases a new game I get very excited they have all been 5 star games for me. This game is absolutely awesome. The music, sound effects, the story (still haven't beat it). The only thing that lets me down is the battle animations. When you compare this game to other strategy RPGs it excels in all area except for that. Take, in my opinion, the greatest strategy RPG ever, fire emblem. You move your units across the map, the same way you do this, but when you come into conflict you go into a better graphics fight. I know it's something petty, but it's one of the small things I've always enjoyed about other. Also the in app purchases for a paid for game. Other than those two things the game is still with the 2.99$, just not 5 stars.
Another failed strategy game on IOS.
I think this game is being rated so high because it's Mika Mobile who made it. It's difficulty gets insane, way too quickly. By Chapter 4 (this is your 4th fight!) your put against an army of 9 enemies, with only 4 men of your own. Many of these 9 enemies can, and will, one shot your men. Sure, you can get backup men but by the time you can afford the cheapest and most useless unit, the rest of your men are already dead, or very near dead. This is stupid and completely unbalanced game play that ramps up the difficulty way too soon!
Also, three staring even the second fight is next to impossible because you have to complete it in under 7 rounds. Well, it takes half that many round just to get to the last two enemies, let alone killing the first 3.
This game is just another failed strategy on IOS and a waist of money.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 04, 2016
- Version: 1.0.3
- Size: 160 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mika Mobile, Inc.
- © 2016 Mika Mobile, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Boost McGraw$0.99
- Boost Wilcox$0.99
- Boost Valentine$0.99
- Boost Undertaker$0.99
- Boost Dutch$0.99
- Boost Romanov$0.99
- Boost Jake$0.99
- Boost Ghast$0.99
- Boost Hawken$0.99