LP-5 is a 5-track loop launcher/sampler for iOS.
Designed for live arranging and remixing, LP-5 allows you to play audio loops from an intuitive launch grid, while automatic tempo synchronization keeps you in time with the beat.
Loop recording, real-time stretching, IAA effect hosting, and MIDI connectivity make LP-5 a powerful tool for your studio sessions, live performances, or DJ acts.
- Five individual tracks that synchronize to the current tempo, without affecting the pitch.
- 5x40 launch grid.
- Ableton Link
- Desktop-grade time stretching quality
- In-app store offering royalty-free sound packs.
- Performance Recorder
- Universal support for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
SAMPLING & IMPORT (Full version)
- Loop recording from hardware input and other apps (Inter-App Audio, Audiobus).
- Mix and match your own loops of 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc. beats in length.
- Supported file formats include .wav, .mp3, AAC, and many more. No size limit.
- Import from document providers (iCloud Drive, Dropbox, ...), pasteboard, iTunes File Sharing, or via “Open in...”
- Batch import from Zip file
- 2 Inter-App Audio effect slots (Bus A/B).
- IAA timeline sync support in both node and host mode.
- MIDI clock sync/generate support to play along an external MIDI sequencer, drum machine, or DAW.
- Scene launching from a MIDI keyboard.
- Mixer control via MIDI CCs.
- Hands-free scene trigger, tap tempo and start/stop by using a MIDI foot pedal.
- MIDI message routing to and from class-compliant USB hardware, other apps, and WLAN or Bluetooth LE wireless peripherals.
This app has been Superpowered
- Fixed a timing issue when acting as MIDI Clock source
- Fixed an issue with split screen support
- Route audio to speaker by default
- Loop recording from hardware and other apps
- Time stretching by Superpowered
- 40 scenes per set
- iPad Slide Over and Split View Support
- Audiobus I/O
- LinkKit 2.0
- Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Very fluid design, stable, all round awesome
I don't normally use a lot of clip launching apps on iOS because most of them are very fiddly and you spend too much time sorting through your audio. With LP-5 you can fly through a recording session simply by holding a pad and then begin recording from any IAA sound source that you have loaded. It all syncs perfectly, recording stops automatically at the loop length and it all works rock solid and smoothly. I love that your recordings are easily accessible again just by holding a pad. It's easy as pie to switch out one IAA instruments for another and of course there's great loops to get you started and if you want to import audio you can do so straight from the pads. I do wish you could export a single pad in the same way as importing it though. But you can capture perfect loops of the overall output and that's pretty great.
Seems broken at the moment
This app looks promising but it’s crashing on me a lot on both my iPad and iPhone 10 and I can’t change the length of the loop while recording to be more than one measure.
I think this could be an interesting app once the kinks are ironed out, but it wasn’t worth the $10 I paid for it now.
It’s a very nice app, however only 5 slots makes it extremely limited...make it at least 8..
- Markus Waldboth
- 9.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Finger Pro
- In-App Purchases
- Prime Loops - Electro Kit Free
- Full Version Upgrade $9.99
- Prime Loops - Trap Kit $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.