lpTouch for Logic Pro
By Harmony Systems, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A powerful control surface app optimized for the Apple Logic DAW application program on a Mac. **Now a universal app with iOS7 support! **
lpTouch provides mobility and touch screen controls for Logic's commonly used functions on both your iPad and iPhone/iPod touch. With lpTouch & Wi-Fi, you can control record and playback from anywhere in your studio, edit your software instruments, or adjust effects settings. Tired of trying to manipulate tiny controls on the Logic screen with a mouse? lpTouch offers large, usable multi-touch faders and rotary controls to edit send effects, inserts, plug-in instrument parameters, and EQ settings so you can get just the right sound.
Mute or solo any track to evaluate your mix during playback. Arm one or more tracks for recording. Know where you're at with the bar-beat display, and track name and number identification.
lpTouch 2.0 adds the ability to use lpTouch with optimized screens on both 3.5 and 4 inch iPhone and iPod touch devices. With the exception of multi-channel mixing (available on the iPad), functionality is virtually identical on any idevice. lpTouch makes recording away from the computer a breeze.
Use the iOS Settings app to change the look of lpTouch on all devices, either Black or Silver themes.
lpTouch works with the built-in “TouchOSC” control surface driver that is provided by Apple as part of your Logic installation. It uses Logic’s Open Sound Protocol (OSC) control surface support. NO NEED TO INSTALL ANY SPECIAL APPLICATIONS OR FILES TO USE LOGIC AND LPTOUCH. All you need is a working Wi-Fi connection between your Mac and your iPad or iPhone.
All of this in a small file size app!
* iPad, iPad mini, iPhone or iPod touch running iOS 5.1 or higher
* Apple Logic Pro 9.1.6 or higher music application installed on your Mac. Works with Logic X with some minor exceptions. Enable preference setting in iOS Settings app for use with Logic versions later than 9. See website for more information.
* Wi-Fi access to Mac running Logic
* iPad Bluetooth must be set to OFF to insure reliable communications
* Universal app optimized for iPad and iPhone sized screens and operation
* Transport controls including metronome, cycle and replace-record
* Track name and number shown
* Adjust each track's volume; values displayed
* Edit pan and up to 5 send levels; value displayed
* Edit software instrument parameters; parameter values displayed
* Select, mute, solo and record enable any track
* Enable/bypass and edit parameter settings up to 12 insert effect plugins
* Adjust master volume & 3 Aux channels
* Dedicated EQ screen mimics Logic's Channel EQ editing capability
* Bar-beat playhead location displayed (iPad also shows timecode)
* Move Cycle location, or navigate by Markers
* Reset Solo to Off on all tracks
* Set automation mode per track
* Double tap most faders and rotaries to return to default position
* Preference settings: disable iPad sleep mode (Autolock); faders "jump on touch"; choose vertical rotary manipulation (iPad); choose theme style; allow swipe gestures (iPad); Logic version.
* iOS7 support
What's New in Version 2.0.2
This is a maintenance release that provides a work-around to prevent Logic from assigning the wrong control surface settings when the iDevice name contains “iPod”.
Did. Not. Work.
I downloaded the Ip Touch iPad/iPhone app for using as a controller for Logic Pro, but my computer and device are not connecting . I am running Logic version 9.1.8 on a iMac running the most current OS. My iPad and iMac are connected to the same network, having no wifi or internet problems. I opened Logic, and then the iP Touch app, but when I press the glowing red "i" icon and select the "connect" button, it does nothing. It says "looking for Logic Hosts..." and the searching circle goes around and around. No network or host shows itself. I have never used another controller, but still went through the steps listed in the User Guide to insure all other controllers were erased from the preferences, but still there is no registering that my iPad (or iPhone) are connecting to my iMac. I also do not have bluetooth set up on my iPad or iPhone. What gives? Did I throw away seven dollars on this app? Help?
Fantastic tool for home/solo recording.
Great when I need to be in a separate room from computer fans, etc. while tracking vocals and acoustic instruments. I even find myself using it while at my workstation; tapping the iPad is less annoying than reaching for the mouse or keyboard to retry a guitar part.
I give it 5 Stars!!!
Works flawless! Sync right up with no connection issues like most apps like this have. It is a must have if you work in the studio alone. It will help with your workflow and productivity while working alone. For me it was worth the price. A must have if you use Logic Pro 9.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 28, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Harmony Systems, Inc.
- © 2009-2013 Harmony Systems, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.