Lua Console - Script programming and scientific calculator
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lua ( /ˈluː.ə/ loo-ə; from Portuguese: lua meaning "moon") is a lightweight multi-paradigm programming language designed as a scripting language with extensible semantics as a primary goal. Lua has a relatively simple C API compared to other scripting languages.
Lua Console is a great education tool, great tool for developers who might want to try their Lua code while on the go. Lua Console can be used also as a powerful scientific calculator.
* With Lua Console you will get a shell console capable of running Lua scripts
* Interactive shell that accepts Lua commands one at a time
* Create and run your custom Lua scripts in console
* Console offers command completion and customized keyboard shelf for faster typing on mobile device
* Multithreaded design so you can run multiple Lua scripts at once in separate threads (Lua Console also provides simple mutex protection functions if you plan to use shared resources)
* All basic libraries are available: base, io, math, string, table, debug
* Lua Console specific libraries: mutex, clipboard
* Powerful scientific calculator with custom defined variables, functions, loops, etc.
Lua was created in 1993 by Roberto Ierusalimschy, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, and Waldemar Celes, members of the Computer Graphics Technology Group (Tecgraf) at the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro, in Brazil.
What's New in Version 1.0.4
* Added support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
* Minor bug fixes
Zero to no documentation on how to actually use the console, and doesn't actually allow you to create scripts from the app. All in all, it's only good to run quick code snippets on the go, nothing that great, not worth the money
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 02, 2012
- Version: 1.0.4
- Size: 5.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2011-2012 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.