LumiKids Park by Lumosity, Early Learning Play for Kids
By Lumos Labs, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*****Winner of 2015 KAPi Award: Best App for Younger Children*****
*****Winner of Children's Technology Review Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design*****
*****Winner of Mom's Choice Gold Award*****
*****Named one of The Guardian's Best iPad Apps for Kids of 2014*****
*****Winner of 2015 National Parenting Publications Awards - Gold Award*****
Welcome to the award-winning LumiKids Park, where children can have fun with adaptive & intuitive activities! Kids will love exploring this interactive park filled with surprises designed to make them giggle and keep them challenged.
LumiKids Park is the first app in the new early childhood product line, LumiKids by Lumosity. The LumiKids series is not intended to be brain training for kids, but instead is a digital playspace for kids to explore concepts through intuitive & adaptive activities. Our team has partnered with academic researchers to learn more about the impact of these digital activities for children but have not yet completed any studies. Our product will continue to evolve as the team learns from the outcomes of these studies.
Our products are shaped not only by the input of experts, but also by the input of lots of kids themselves!
KIDS PLAY, PARENTS LEARN:
• Intuitive for young learners to use by themselves, putting kids in control with no text or voice-over instructions
• Adapts to each child’s ability level, keeping kids challenged and engaged with no feelings of failure
• As a parent, gain insight into your child's LumiKids play and receive tips on how to continue practicing these skills with your child
INTUITIVE & ADAPTIVE PLAY:
• SORTING: Sort squirmy little water critters into their correct water puddles based on color, shape and size, using cognitive flexibility as the sorting rules periodically change.
• VISUAL-MOTOR COORDINATION: While feeding the flying “nom nom” critters, combine the use of several visual-motor coordination skills such as visual processing, motor planning and motor control.
• ATTENTION: While playing hide and seek, keep track of multiple darting critters as they hide, in order to find them - requiring a specific type of attention called divided attention.
THE HEART OF LUMIKIDS
There is still a lot to learn about the impact of digital media on early childhood and we hope to shape this field of research by working with the brightest minds in the fields of child psychology, developmental neuroscience, early childhood education and digital media. LumiKids aims to be a pioneer of research that advances the study of child development and the power of digital play.
Check out our other apps, LumiKids Beach & Backyard!
Available in English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese.
MADE WITH CARE IN THE LUMOSITY LABS
An experimental offshoot of Lumosity, Labs researches new digital products that help address wellness and learning needs for people of all kinds. Labs ideas draw upon scientific expertise and what we’ve learned from millions of members over Lumosity’s past 10 years. Our mission is to explore, measure, and understand through new products.
Need help or have a question?
Get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 2.2.2
Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Car rides have never been easier
My 3 year old is terrible in the car if it is longer than a five minute ride. I caved and bought a tablet to save my sanity. This app works in the car and has saved my life! She loves it.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 09, 2015
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 35.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Lumos Labs, Inc.
- © 2014 Lumos Labs, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.