Lumin is a fun and stylish pixel art and animation app. Create images and animations from stylized pixels that look like glowing lights and share them with friends!
* Top 20 Free Entertainment in December 2011 (US store)
Choose from a palette of 25 colored lights and place them on the board to create bright, colorful images. Then share your picture as a PNG image file!
Creating animations is easy with all the tools that come with Lumin. Duplicate, clear, invert, and shift frames to make quick edits, or use the overlays and recoloring tools to make more advanced changes. Then you can export your animation as a Quicktime movie!
* Hold the 1 key to see the previous frame overlaid over the current frame.
* Holde the 2 key to see the next frame overlaid over the current frame.
* SHIFT-click while using the Recolor tool to recolor a row of lights.
* OPTION-click while using the Recolor tool to recolor a column of lights.
* Use the arrow keys for quick navigation through frames.
* Play or pause the animation preview with the space bar.
Full Feature List:
* Palette of 25 Colored Lights
* Create Animations or Images
* Bulb Tool (selection and bulb placement)
* Line Tool
* Rectangle Tool
* Ellipse Tool
* Replace Color Tool
* Export as QuickTime movie
* Export as PNG
* Share to Facebook (Mountain Lion only)
* Fullscreen Mode (Lion and later only)
* Shift Frame
* Invert Frame
* Clear Frame
* Copy / paste frames
* Select and Drag Groups of Bulbs
Lumin 2 brings a number of great enhancements to make creating pixel art even more fun!
* Five new tools: Fill, Line, Rectangle, Ellipse and Recolor
* Drag to select: Move large groups of bulbs with ease
* Thumbnail Strip view: View every frame in your animation
* Facebook sharing: Share your art directly with your friends (Mountain Lion only)
* Speed and memory improvements: Lumin should feel snappier all around
* Snazzy new bulb images: Not only are they prettified, but they will scale better for Retina displays
* Other minor enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
It reminds me of the Light Bright! Great job Austin!
-Click and Drag box. (Like when selecting multiple files on any OS system)
-Mass placement, coloring, deleting, and moving of specific lights. (via click/drag box)
-Movement of a single colored light. (just pick it up and move)
-A "Fill" option for backgrounds.
-"Fill Shape" via clicking around the desired shape's perimeter.
-Select color and then be able to move "crosshairs" around the grid and press ENTER when you want to fill a spot with the pre selected color.
These are just ideas to help further a fun app…they are not meant to be criticisms.
Pretty & cool! Now just finish it up!
I would add a way to click and drag to change multiple bulbs, though. Clicking every little dot one at a time is kinda annoying, The option and shift keys are great for (re)coloring a full column or row, but you can't use them to UNcolor, which is a little annoying.
Also, personally I'd love a way to look at multiple frames at once - like a timeline with thumbnails, and you could click and drag to rearrange their order.
An option to export as an animated GIF would be much appreciated as well.
This is a cute little app, and with a couple minor changes it could become a favorite.
Nice...Missing one thing
It's fun all in all but I wish there is an option that let you select multiple dots and move them around.
Otherwise it's fun, creative, plus it can be turned to an animated E-Card too by drawing letters insted of objects.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.