Ready for a crunchy, farm-fresh math treat? Solve satisfying veggie number problems and unlock two harvest adventures as you progress.
'Bright, colorful, engaging app... Gives children an opportunity to really understand important concepts.' - The iMums
1) Mystery Multiplication - There’s a pumpkin mystery on the farm! Whiz through multiplication basics to discover what happens to the missing veggies.
2) Veggie Divide - Uh oh! The farm is running late for the veggie pick-up. Can you help? Pack peppers, roll radishes and learn the basics of division to get the veggies out in time for market!
Discover 2 cool stories and 60 interactive math problems in the full version. The first problems and story episodes in each topic are free so you can try before purchasing.
√ For kids aged 6-10
√ Aligned to Common Core Standards
√ 2 stories, 2 topics, 60 math problems
√ Unlock the story and problems as you progress
√ Basic multiplication and division
√ 1 in-app purchase for access to all content
√ Hints and instructional content for each problem
Farm Factor introduces the tricky topics of multiplication and division. Using concrete objects and models (veggies, boxes, and arrays), learners don't just memorize facts; they understand the underlying ideas and then move on to building fluency. It is ideal for kids learning these concepts for the first time or those who are struggling. The interactions target problem-solving and mathematical reasoning.
MULTIPLICATION SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understand multiplication as a repeated addition problem
* Understand and use the symbol for multiplication
* Find unknown numbers in multiplication problems
* Create multiplication models involving equal group scenarios
* Use arrays to solve and represent multiplication sentences
DIVISION SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Understand, represent and solve division problems involving fair share and repeated subtraction scenarios
* Understand and use the symbol for division
* Find an unknown number of groups (missing divisor)
* Find an unknown group size (missing quotient)
* Understand division as the inverse of multiplication
COMMON CORE STANDARDS
Farm Factor covers the following learning standards:
3.OA.A.1 Interpret products of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 5 × 7 as the total number of objects in 5 groups of 7 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a total number of objects can be expressed as 5 × 7.
3.OA.A.2 Interpret whole-number quotients of whole numbers, e.g., interpret 56 ÷ 8 as the number of objects in each share when 56 objects are partitioned equally into 8 shares, or as a number of shares when 56 objects are partitioned into equal shares of 8 objects each. For example, describe a context in which a number of shares or a number of groups can be expressed as 56 ÷ 8.
3.OA.3 Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities, e.g., by using drawings and equations with a symbol for the unknown number to represent the problem.
3.OA.4 Determine the unknown whole number in a multiplication or division equation relating three whole numbers. For example, determine the unknown number that makes the equation true in each of the equations 8 × ? = 48, 5 = _ ÷ 3, 6 × 6 = ?
Lumio is a collection of kids' educational apps targeting tricky math topics in fun ways.
The apps introduce learners to key concepts using concrete models and familiar but quirky contexts. Abstract ideas come to life for kids using targeted touch interactions.
Lumio apps are fully tested with parents, teachers, and kids. Find out more about our beta testing group at lumiokids.com.
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Good game, not enough levels for the price!
My son struggles with math and this game worked well for him in visualizing the problems. He did so well, in fact, that he blew through every single level in both multiplication and division in one 30 minute sitting. I couldn't believe there weren't any more levels! It seemed like it was just getting started in helping learn these topics and then SPLAT...no more game. :(
Please make more levels in an update. It's a great game idea but should not have cost so much when it actually contained so little.
Love this, but wish there was more to it!
My daughter completed the entire game in an hour. I was surprised! Even free games have 600 levels. This was well put together and fun although the movies made no sense, but she enjoyed it. She started the game not knowing how to multiply or divide--but quickly "got it" dividing and multiplying with the veggies and baskets. The methodology was perfect.
Please make this game longer--especially for a $2.99 app.
Way too short!!
My son is about to enter 3rd grade next month. He loved this game, and so did I, except for the fact that it was way too short!!! $2.99 for a handful of multiplication and division problems? Really? I am so disappointed, because I would buy the other apps from this developer in a heartbeat, but not if they can be completed in 20 minutes like this game can.
- Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd
- 38.2 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lighthouse Learning Studios Ltd 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version (full access to all content) $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.