Simple but powerful, Lumos accurately predicts the position of the sun and moon at any time, on any day, in any place. Whether you’re planning a photo shoot, a wedding, or a solar panel installation, tracking the sun and moon has never been easier!
Lumos is divided into four main modules:
• The augmented reality view harnesses the power of AR to visually project past, present, or future sun and moon positions (and moon phases!) onto your surroundings, letting you perfectly visualize your plans.
• The map view overlays the sun and moon positions for a given time and location onto a map of that location, letting you make plans from afar.
• The calendar view displays a simple list of rise/set times and moon phases throughout the year, letting you see the big picture at a glance.
• The shadow length view calculates the exact length of the shadow an object will cast on a given time and day, letting you see the result both visually and numerically. You can also calculate the height of an object if you know the length of its shadow.
With an affordable one-time purchase of Lumos Pro, you can also:
• Search for a location by name or manually enter coordinates
• Save locations for later reference or offline use*
• Take notes on a saved location and have them readily available the next time you view it
*The map view does not currently support offline use
NOTE: The sun and moon positions calculated by Lumos are accurate to within a small fraction of a degree. However, as with any augmented-reality app, the accuracy of the projection is dependent on the underlying hardware. If you are seeing inaccurate positions, please calibrate your device's compass and ensure that you are not near any sources of electromagnetic interference (e.g. microwaves, computers, car engines, high voltage lines). You can also use the visual calibration tool to align the projection with sun’s current position. Please feel free to contact us if you continue to have issues.
- You can now use the shadow view to calculate the height of an object from the length of its shadow
- We've resolved a bug related to DST transitions for sun rise/set times
Ratings and Reviews
The eclipse is coming and this app is awesome
The eclipse will happen here in Portland Oregon in a few days… And I was busy trying to figure out where the Sunil be in the sky so I can find a proper viewing position… Unfortunately it was cloudy today and I wasn't able to locate the sun. I figured there had to be a son tracker app in the App Store so I went searching for one that was free… Of all the free apps for tracking the Sun and Moon this one hands-down is the best. It's virtual reality option is especially handy. You can type in a time and a date and it will show you exactly where the sun will be located at that time. Great job guys keep up the great work.
Love this app
This app has been helpful to me in numerous ways. Buying a house to confirm where the sun rises and sets. And for photography and videography so that I go to the right place at the right time to get the light right. And even to determine when the moon is close to the Horizon for certain shots. It always delivers.
Amazing app. Must use before buying apt
Just the right user interface to figure out where the sun will be anytime of the year.
With the AR feature you can actually feel how the sun will look from the window.
Thank you for making this app!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.