"The essence of Lumu Power is its ability to instantly become the color meter you always have with you. It’s like having a tiny bionic eye for your iPhone. And it’s a great tool to open your own eyes to see and understand the light falling all around you, every day."
–Dan McComb, an Emmy-Nominated filmmaker
The light metering tool for every great image maker. Use the standalone app as a reflective light meter or plug in your Lumu Power for professional light and colour temperature measurements.
- SPOT METERING: Use your phone’s camera as a reflective light meter.
With Lumu Power:
- PHOTO SINGLE mode: Giving you exact parameters: exposure time, f-number, ISO, EV, lux.
- PHOTO MULTI mode: Calculating average value or contrast between multiple measurements.
- PHOTO PINHOLE mode: Measuring exposure time for custom pinhole camera settings.
- CINE/VIDEO mode: Set FPS, F-number, exposure time and ISO. Get the values for the ambiental light.
- FLASH EXPOSURE: See the graph of flash duration, measure its intensity.
- COLOR TEMPERATURE: Read light Color temperature in Kelvin and Green/Magenta shift.
- CHROMATICITY: See light colour in CIE1931 diagram and get X,Y,Z coordinates.
- ILLUMINANCE mode: showing incident light level in lux / foot-candle values.
- NOTES: Store all your measurements together with geo-location, custom notes and your photo in one place.
+ ND FILTERS, EXPOSURE COMPENSATION and more…
Visit http://lu.mu/ to learn more.
Thanks for using Lumu Light Meter!
With this update, we bring you a new firmware upgrade (version 5.6) for your Lumu Power with improved flash detection algorithm built from the ground up.
We also fixed a few issues related to calculating flash parameters and fixed a crash on an iPad when exporting notes.
We hope you enjoy this update, and if you run into any troubles or have a suggestion for the app, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings and Reviews
First of all, this app is phenomenal. Second of all, whenever you open the app, and have earphones in a very loud and painful high frequency noise is emitted. I was wondering if you would be able to fix this problem as soon as possible. Thanks
Dear DJK, Thank you for the feedback, Our most sincere apologies for this bug experienced, we would assess and work on this ASAP as our vision is to have a seamless user experience for all Lumunauts, please feel free to write our support team (email@example.com) should you have any question/concern. With Lumulove, Rachael
When will you deliver the promised (“in a few weeks”) color flash temperature? I bought the unit because of this promise. Modern DSLRs deliver a fine metering option via the histogram, or I have a handheld meter I’ve used since the 90s to measure exposure/contrast. What I wanted was accurate color temperatures when I’m in a rented environment to make my workflow easier, which you promised but have yet to deliver.
No price is shown, but description refers to a color meter which is apparently an expensive add on. I had a free one that was great, but it was removed from the App Store. Color meters are built in some phones and a simple one would be worth while, but not for $300!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.