Luna Display is the only hardware solution that turns any iPad into a true, wireless second display.
UNLOCK YOUR IPAD’S POTENTIAL
Luna Display seamlessly extends your Mac desktop to your iPad, creating a wireless second monitor with stunning image quality. Available for Mini DisplayPort or USB-C, Luna sets up in seconds: simply plug Luna into your Mac, launch the Luna app, and you’re off and running. Hardware is available for purchase at lunadisplay.com.
WORKS OVER WIFI AND USB
Powered by our unique LIQUID technology, Luna was designed from the very beginning to work wirelessly. However if Wi-Fi is not available, you can also connect your devices over USB.
FULLY APPLE COMPATIBLE
Luna Display acts as a complete extension to your Mac, with full support for:
· External keyboards
· Apple Pencil
· Touch interactions (pinching, panning, zooming, tapping)
· Luna requires a Mac running macOS 10.10, Yosemite (or later). For optimal performance we recommend these configurations: MacBook Air (2012 and later), MacBook Pro (2012 and later), Mac mini (2012 and later), iMac (2012 and later), Mac Pro (Late 2013).
· Luna requires an iPad running iOS 9.1 (or later): iPad 2 (or later), any iPad Mini and any iPad Pro.
Luna fully integrates with our award-winning drawing software Astropad. Luna extends both Astropad Standard and Astropad Studio to provide the ultimate drawing experience with the best second screen solution for iPad. With Luna, you are no longer limited by the size of your Mac display.
THE POWER OF OUR LIQUID TECHNOLOGY
Using our proprietary LIQUID Technology, Luna Display provides crystal clear image quality, reliable performance, and wireless flexibility.
· Uncompromised image quality
· Lag-free performance at 60 frames per second
· GPU acceleration, so your Mac stays fast and optimized
· Hand optimized ARM assembly to maximize battery life
· Velocity Control, which analyzes network conditions dozens of times per second
· “Luna’s visual fidelity is frankly stunning” — TechCrunch
· “Luna will change your travel workflow” — iMore
· “For the first time a wireless solution has impressed us” — Apple Insider
GET IN TOUCH
· Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Twitter & Instagram: @lunadisplayhq
· Facebook: facebook.com/lunadisplayhq
Support for new Fall 2018 iPad Pros
Ratings and Reviews
Better than Duet, but has issues
This is definitely better than duet. It supports retina, has a reasonable frame rate, and supports touch gestures. I love the Astropad app and use it frequently.
I have three main complaints:
1) Despite what their webpage says, you cannot practically use this over WiFi. The frame rate is around 2 FPS and it takes a couple of seconds to send those frames over. The other two items in this list are when using wired mode only.
2) Even in wired mode, there’s still quite a bit of latency. It’s about a quarter of a second, which doesn’t sound like much, but it’s definitely noticeable when scrolling, typing, and moving windows around. Having retina on or off did not seem to affect this.
3. To maintain frame rate, the screen drops resolution. Sounds reasonable, however their method of downscaling ends up crushing text, making anything in the moving area (like a webpage) is completely unreadable until you stop moving and it has a chance to catch up.
This is a minor issue, however, and doesn’t really mess up usability. I’d rather the app downscale than do what duet does and drop most of the frames.
This definitely shows promise, and if duet could fix the latency issue over wired and adjust their downsampling algorithm to avoid messing up text I’d bump them up to a 5 star.
Hardware used: 2012 MacBook Pro (with discrete GT 650M and quad core i7) and an iPad Pro 10.5 inch
Absolutely in love.
I have only started using Luna Display for less than an hour, and I can already say that it’s the best second display app by far (over Duet Display I have used for more than a year).
The quality of the screen is amazing especially for the Retina resolution. It’s so, so crisp 🤤. Text and photos look amazing on Luna Display. When content changes quickly, Luna chooses to maintain frame rate instead of the rendering quality, so you may see coarse frames for a brief moment, and that’s a fine approach Astro took.
Color accuracy is insane. Photos on Luna look indistinguishable from photos on native iPad when looking at them side by side. I can see why artists absolutely love Luna Display for this.
One big plus for Luna Display is that you can switch apps on iPad from Luna Display to another app, and then back to Luna Display again, and it wouldn’t lose the connection. I do this often as a developer. This is something that, so far, only Luna Display can deliver and such continuity feels so amazing.
Thank you Astro HQ. I am absolutely in love with Luna Display ❤️.
I can’t say how many times I wish I had a second display when I was traveling with my 2017 MacBook Pro 15 inch. The Luna Display was the perfect answer to this problem. The extra real estate in retina resolution is just amazing. I use it for comparing spreadsheets or documents using both screens. But the ability to look at a .pdf file of a floor plan on my iPad while walking around in the space is indispensable. It’s a five star because it delivered on the promise during the Kickstarter campaign. My only wish is that it would allow me to rotate my iPad so that I could use the portrait mode for documents.
- Astro HQ LLC
- 38.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Astro HQ LLC 2018, All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.