Lunar Phase provides information about the Moon at your location, such as precise times of the moon phases, brightness, sunset, sunrise moon age and more!
See what the moon will look like tonight, and then tomorrow night and the next and the next. And you can see what the moon was like on previous days. Tap the calendar icon to select a date or move to the next New Moon or next Full Moon.
* Precise moon phases times
* Moon phase - The shape of the illuminated (sunlit) portion of the moon as seen by an observer.
* Moon’s age - how far along the moon is in its cycle
* Percent of the illuminated moon area
* Moonrise and Moonset times for your current location
* Sunrise and Sunset for your current location
* Moon Age - Moon age is the number of days since new Moon. New Moon is the lunar phase that occurs when the Moon lies between the Earth and Sun. The Moon is not visible at this time.
* Next New Moon - Days until next new moon
* Next Full Moon - Days until next full moon
* Your Location - Your current location is displayed as latitude and longitude.
* Swipe left or right on moon image to move to next day or previous day. Swipe upward with your finger to see more content if your device has a smaller screen.
* Tap on calendar to change the date or to see next new moon or next full moon. Tap on left and right arrows to see next or previous day.
Minor Fixes and Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! But...
I love using this app to follow the phases of the moon. The graphics are great! Only one thing prevents me from giving it 5 stars. Often I want to pinpoint the time of day when the moon will be fullest, or precisely when it reaches a specific phase. I can advance to future dates, but if I choose a specific time of day, the display will still show the current time. So if it's 11:00 a.m. now, and I advance to 2:00 p.m. three days from now, the day will change, but the clock still displays 11:00 a.m.
Pushing you to buy full version of the app which is money. Not a free app as its saying
This would have been 5 stars except for a serious flaw. It does have the most beautiful UI you can imagine for such an app. I do a lot of serious Moon observing and I loved the fact that you could (apparently) enter any date and time and get the lunar day accurate to 1/10th of a day, However I discovered that although you can put in any date, the time always defaults to your current time. So if at 10:00 on the morning of Feb. 20th you’re planning for observing at 9:00PM that evening, it will show you the lunar day for the 20th but at 10:00 AM (even if you entered 9:00PM). For many astronomers, this flaw is so serious it’s a deal-breaker.
- Agile Microsystems, LLC
- 34.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Agile Microsystems, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.