Lungo prevents your Mac from falling asleep and your screen from dimming.
This can be useful when:
- Doing a presentation at work.
- Watching YouTube videos in non-fullscreen mode.
- Cooking and having the recipe open on your computer.
- Reading a long article without scrolling.
- Using the screen to view live stats.
- Monitoring progress on a long-running task.
- Right-click the menu bar icon to quickly activate.
- Choose to activate with left-click instead in the Preferences.
- Choose to activate at launch in the Preferences.
- Allow the display to sleep in the Preferences.
- Set the default duration in the Preferences, which is used when Lungo is activated by clicking the menu bar icon.
- Control Lungo from scripts or the terminal. (See the website for more info)
Important: Lungo will not prevent your Mac from sleeping if you close the lid. This is a Mac App Store limitation.
- Now requires macOS 10.13.
- Added "2 Hours" and "8 Hours" durations.
- Added "Allow Display to Sleep" setting. This will let the display sleep normally, but still keep your Mac from going to sleep.
- Added "Dim Icon When Deactivated" setting. This will make the icon dimmer when Lungo is deactivated to make the difference between the activated/deactivated state clearer.
- Added support for custom URL scheme. This is for advanced users that would like to script Lungo. Try running `$ open 'lungo:activate?minutes=10'` in the Terminal app. See the Lungo website for more information.
Ratings and Reviews
Minimal and solid
The little warm humidity animation makes my day everytime I click it. I use this taking notes in class and doing homework all the time. Always glad to support Sindre.
Display won’t sleep if lungo is active
I have set my displays to turn off after 10 minutes in Energy Saver. If I manually activate the screensaver and don’t deactivate Lungo then my displays never turn off. I’ve used Caffeine in the past and this was never an issue. I had reached out to Lungo Support over a month ago but never received a response.
Developer Response ,
I seemed to have missed your email before. Sorry about that. This is not a bug though. The current behavior is in the app description: "[..] and your screen from dimming.". Lungo keeps your computer and screen awake. However, I plan to add support for only keeping your computer awake, not the screen.
Does the same as Caffeine, but nicer :)
At the moment it looks to be on feature parity with Caffeine, but nice little touches such as retina icon and small animations make it look a bit nicer :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.