Lungo prevents your Mac from falling asleep and your screen from dimming.
This can be useful when:
- Doing a presentation at work.
- Watching YouTube videos in non-fullscreen mode.
- Cooking and having the recipe open on your computer.
- Reading a long article without scrolling.
- Using the screen to view live stats.
- Monitoring progress on a long-running task.
- Right-click the menu bar icon to quickly activate.
- Choose to activate with left-click instead in the Preferences.
- Choose to activate at launch in the Preferences.
- Allow the display to sleep in the Preferences.
- Set the default duration in the Preferences, which is used when Lungo is activated by clicking the menu bar icon.
- Control Lungo from scripts or the terminal. (See the website for more info)
Important: Lungo will not prevent your Mac from sleeping if you close the lid. This is a Mac App Store limitation.
- Lungo was accidentally toggled when Command-dragging its menu bar icon.
- The "Activate with left-click" checkbox on the welcome screen did not activate the actual preference until Lungo was restarted.
- Option-clicking the menu bar icon as an alternative to right-clicking did not work.
- The "Dim Icon When Deactivated" preference was not working when you deactivated Lungo by clicking "Deactivate" in the menu. It only worked when you clicked the menu bar icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Display won’t sleep if lungo is active
I have set my displays to turn off after 10 minutes in Energy Saver. If I manually activate the screensaver and don’t deactivate Lungo then my displays never turn off. I’ve used Caffeine in the past and this was never an issue. I had reached out to Lungo Support over a month ago but never received a response.
Developer Response ,
I seemed to have missed your email before. Sorry about that. This is not a bug though. The current behavior is in the app description: "[..] and your screen from dimming.". Lungo keeps your computer and screen awake. However, I plan to add support for only keeping your computer awake, not the screen.
Minimal and solid
The little warm humidity animation makes my day everytime I click it. I use this taking notes in class and doing homework all the time. Always glad to support Sindre.
Solid keep-awake app
Sindre has once again contributed a useful tool to the community. If you need something to do what this says it does - it does it well!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.