Luno makes it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
NEW: Buy Ethereum!
We are excited to announce that Ethereum is now available on Luno!
Ethereum is another cryptocurrency, similar to Bitcoin, that has exploded in price and popularity in recent months. You can now buy, store and learn about Ethereum with Luno.
Luno is available in 40 countries across Europe, Africa and Asia! Our goal is to bring cryptocurrency to everyone, everywhere.
Buy Bitcoin or Ethereum in three easy steps:
1. Sign up and complete the easy verification process
2. Deposit money into your Luno Wallet (bank transfer, SEPA transfer)
3. Convert between your local currency, Bitcoin and Ethereum with Luno Instant Buy
Whether you’re new to cryptocurrency or an advanced user, the Luno Wallet is a must-have for those looking for a smart, safe and beautiful way to buy, sell, store and spend their Bitcoin and Ether.
The new Luno Wallet makes using Bitcoin and Ethereum easier than ever:
• Access your Bitcoin and Ethereum anytime, anywhere
• Fast and secure deposit mechanisms
• Easy in-app identity verification
• Quick conversion between local and cryptocurrency
• Store cryptocurrency securely with advanced multisig and cold storage
• Send Bitcoin to anyone with an email address, mobile number or Bitcoin wallet
• Monitor the price changes of Bitcoin (BTC) and Ether (ETH)
• Receive Bitcoin and Ethereum via QR codes, email or your wallet address
• Make online payments by scanning QR codes or sending to wallet addresses
• Master cryptocurrency with in-app help and the Luno Learning Portal
Instant buy/sell and the Luno Exchange are currently available in Europe, Indonesia, Nigeria and South Africa, with more countries coming soon.
Luno is now available in the following European countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
It’s never too late to get started! Learn more about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum on the Luno Learning Portal https://www.luno.com/learn
Become a Luno tester to get early access to new features and provide direct feedback to our developers. https://www.luno.com/go/ios-tester
To the moon!
• Brand updates with unified colour and design system for a consistent customer experience
• New Security Centre to easily secure and manage your account, two-factor authentication, password, and devices or API keys
• New video-enabled cards play directly in your dashboard
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Thank you for your feedback so far. If you have any suggestions please visit luno.com/help
Want to learn more about Bitcoin or Ethereum? Visit luno.com/learn
Ratings and Reviews
Follow on from “Great first crypto app” review
Experience is an awesome tool to work out what’s good and what isn’t.
On someone else’s advice, I used AltCoinTrader to do my first bitcoin payment transaction..... For those of you who think Luno is expensive... think again. ACT will charge you for depositing money, withdrawing it, buying or selling cryptocurrency on their exchange and a cr@pload to pay anyone in bitcoin.
Take some time to understand the Luno fees and by comparison you’ll find they are not that bad.
The “Taker” and “Maker” fee policy is particularly good by comparison, if you have the stomach for waiting for your trades to process.... Makers pay no fees at all.
Easy to use! But lacks some important info.
Luno is a great way into the crypto world. Simple and easy to use. I was glad to see ethereum was added and could be bought directly from ZAR.
Luno has informative cards displayed on the home page and helps users to understand Bitcoin and crypto trading - so is not just a trading site but a source of crypto education.
As a South African I send crypto currency from luno to other international crypto trading sites to invest in other coins besides Bitcoin and ethereum - it would be great to inform users that sending Bitcoin to another exchange platform is alot more expensive than sending ethereum.
Buying ethereum with ZAR is convenient, however luno lacks a detailed and sufficiently informative ZAR/ETH graph like the one provided for ZAR/BTC.
This is very inconvenient considering lunos reputation for having a great user interface and can lead to making poorly judged trades.
What an awful trading interface
The price of ether is listed in rands, but you can’t trade in rands and see what price you are going to pay. It’s an utter black box. You can’t see an order book. You can’t toggle between candlesticks of different timeframes. You can’t see their ether price since it listed on the exchange. You can’t scroll a cursor over the price curve to see the price at different points in time. This app has been around for how long and the still don’t have the most basic features?
I think somebody should come along and put them out of business. They will have a short lived monopoly in SA if they don’t sort their product out.
Hi, thanks for your feedback, we are sending it on to the team. We are always interested in how our customers experience our product, and of course, how we can improve. Should your future experience of our app be generally positive, please consider improving your rating. For further help, please feel free to contact email@example.com at any time.
- Luno Pte Ltd
- 58.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, Indonesian, Italian, Polish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 BitX Pte Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.