Lurssen Mastering Console
By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lurssen Mastering Console puts you at the controls in the studio with all of the secret tools, settings and techniques of world renowned multi-Grammy Award winning mastering engineer Gavin Lurssen and his team. Now you can master your music on the go on your iPhone/iPad and get the professional, Grammy award-winning sound that the studio is known for. Pop, rock, hip-hop and more, Lurssen Mastering Console can help you achieve amazing mastering results when a trip to Los Angeles just isn’t in the budget.
Lurssen Mastering Console is a totally unique and new approach to digital audio mastering. It's designed to help you capture the magic of the Lurssen Mastering studio’s entire mastering audio processing philosophy. Instead of giving you just a collection of individual processors and presets, Lurssen Mastering Console provides you with models of the complete mastering gear processor chain as a whole. The interactions between the individual processors have been digitally recreated which recreates the synergistic "whole is greater than the sum of its parts" sound that has earned Gavin and Lurssen Mastering multiple Grammys.
With Lurssen Mastering Console, you have automatic access to a lifetime's worth of professional audio mastering experience. It helps you quickly get great sounding results thanks to its 20 pre-made "Styles" templates, which have been created and optimized by Gavin Lurssen, mastering engineer Reuben Cohen and the rest of the team. These templates reflect decades of combined mastering experience and fit a broad range of musical genres.
Using Lurssen Mastering couldn't be easier: Just create a project, load a song, then select an appropriate "Style" from the drop-down menu. Take control via an Input Drive knob and a five band EQ as well as a "PUSH" knob, which lets you subtly and uniformly nudge the EQs so you can "ride" the flow of the song and add that special Lurssen "magic" to your music. You can view and automate changes to the two knobs by using the waveform display with three different automation modes. You can make adjustments to EQ settings and save those as presets for easy recall — a preset consists of a style plus your adjustments. You can also view the physical gear chain and make subtle adjustments via the Chain view. When you've finished your mastering work, you can export your song to File Sharing, SoundCloud and more in a variety of popular file formats for final distribution and delivery.
With the Lurssen Mastering Console you can easily master audio with your iPhone/iPad while on the go.
• Created with Grammy Award winning Mastering Engineer Gavin Lurssen and his team
• Digitally reproduces Lurssen Mastering's unique studio workflow, techniques and signal chain philosophy
• Synergistic “whole is greater than the sum of its parts” mastering app for iPhone/iPad
• 30 pre-made "Styles" created by Lursssen Mastering that reproduce the settings and gear used to master different genres
• 3 easy-to-navigate displays: A Studio view with controls, a Wave waveform view and a Chain view for the individual processors
• Controllable Input Drive knob
• Adjustable 5 band EQ with fixed frequency
• "PUSH" Knob to subtly enhance selected song passages via uniform EQ adjustment
• Full automation available to adjust controls to audio content
• Gangable Input Drive control for stereo balance tweaks
• Input/Process assignable VU metering
• Stereo/Mono monitoring capability
• 88.2/96kHz output processing
• Audio import from device library
• FREE app that allows demo of settings and features (with intermittent noise injected plus no export options)
• Play/Process In-app purchase unlocks application
• HD Engine In-app purchase unlocks high res processing and export
• Digital Delivery Mastering (DDM) option added to the HD Engine In-app purchase
What's New in Version 1.0.5
- New Digital Delivery Mastering (DDM) option added to the HD Engine In-app purchase
- New Hard Rock / Heavy Metal Styles
- General reliability improvements
Some potential- But not at the competitions level
This mastering suite does have potential but at the cost for equivalent functionality for IOS there are better selections available. With no support for IAA, Audiobus, Dropbox and very limited presets etc., this app just is not going to compete anywhere near the competition. Final touch is $20 and provides all the above, the workflow is perfect, the GUI is perfect and will allow you to master on the go within minutes. I realize the IK wants to compete in many markets but the reality is other apps such as Final Touch have raised the bar and pretty much sealed the fate of the competition. Potential, but not anytime soon I am afraid.
Meets my needs
After using this app I can't live with out it now. It sounds great and easy to use. You can use Dropbox unlike one review said you can't, you just have to buy it before it'll work.
It's computer users get to use it as a plug and then iOS users should be able to as well
Since the app costs the same as the computer version, then those who purchased the app should be at least have audio bus and IAA functionality if not out right audio unit support... Do the right thing by your customers I ik multimedia.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 31, 2016
- Version: 1.0.5
- Size: 155 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- ©2002-2016 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Play / Process$49.99
- HD Engine$99.99
- Two Day Full Functionality$4.99
- Unlimited Functionality$99.99
- One Week Full Functionality$9.99
- One Month Full Functionality$29.99