Lync 2013 for iPhone
By Microsoft Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Lync 2013 for iPhone extends the power of Lync and Skype for Business to your iPhone – including voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
• View shared meeting content during a conference
• Initiate a group conversation (IM or Video) and invite additional participants
• Join, rejoin and initiate a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
• Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
• Transfer your calls to another phone number or another contact
• Pick up your conversations from the point where you left off
• Join a Lync / Skype for Business Meeting even if you don’t have an account
• Enhanced Security with Lync certificate and passive authentication
Anyone can use the Lync Mobile app when invited to a Lync 2013 / Skype for Business meeting. However, you must have a Lync / Skype for Business account in order to enjoy the full capabilities of the app. Some functionality might require an update to your server or might not be available to all users. If you’re not sure about your account status, please contact your IT department.
IMPORTANT: THIS SOFTWARE REQUIRES CONNECTIVITY TO VALIDLY LICENSED COPIES OF MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER, SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER, OR OFFICE 365 / SKYPE FOR BUSINESS ONLINE AND WILL NOT WORK WITHOUT IT. UPDATES TO MICROSOFT LYNC SERVER OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS SERVER MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PROPER PERFORMANCE. SOME FUNCTIONALITY MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ALL COUNTRIES. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT YOUR COMPANY’S LICENSE TO AND/OR DEPLOYMENT OF LYNC OR SKYPE FOR BUSINESS, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR IT DEPARTMENT.
What's New in Version 5.7.517
The design of this app is the worst on my phone. While it does notify of missed chats, it only shows part of what you missed, so you don't have anything to respond to - it's like expecting someone to respond to an email based on what is in half of the first line. Careless and stupid design. When on a call, it displays a mostly blank screen; for you to see call participants or take other actions, you have to first click a 3-dot icon to access those other commands. Not only is this icon not at all intuitive, those commands should be persistent separate icons available throughout a call, whether along the bottom of the screen or elsewhere. And at least some of that information should display in the main content area by default, rather than a big blank area. Micros should have to assume that even if they display information form the call, such as participants, for all users... even displaying info that some users will want to see and others will not want to see (thereby being valuable to some users) is better than displaying no information (thereby being of zero value to all users)
Dangerously Unusable, Shockingly Bad
In the two years I have been attempting to use this app, I have had two conversations that worked. Every other conversation has been a flurry of "missed conversation" notifications 30 minutes after the fact, disappearing conversations with no conversation history, and users reporting me as being Offline while the app shows me as being Available.
This app is actually worse than having no app at all, because it lulls you into a false sense of security of thinking you are connected when you are not, and entices users to ping you with important details only to have them disappear from the client with ZERO conversation history.
It's a disappointingly, horridly terrible app which is truly unfortunate given how utterly useful it could be.
App worked well so far except the following issues: 1. Lync app is linked to outlook on my desktop and supposed to show the meetings from my calendar. However, if the meeting has additional notes inside the meeting appointment, app will not display it all. It caused me to miss a meeting call, because app would not show the complete notes in the meeting appointment message.
2. App is not allowed to have access to my contacts on my iPhone but it keeps updating it. I have multiple copies of Lync contacts showing up in myiPhone contacts list, which i have to delete manually.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 5.7.517
- Size: 28.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Microsoft Corporation
- © 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.