Free. Automated. Totally personalized. Building wealth has never been easier. Download today and start investing with confidence!
HOW IT WORKS: Just pick your investments and deposit money. M1’s intelligent automation takes care of the rest for free — no commissions or fees.
- No more manually calculating trades. M1 automatically and intelligently puts money to work in your portfolio according to the targets you set.
- M1 uses smart rebalancing to keep your portfolio on track automatically.
- Set up recurring deposits to make good financial habits effortless. Just select the size and frequency of deposits, and watch your portfolio grow over time.
- Access a line of credit instantly with M1 Borrow — no additional paperwork, no credit checks, and no loan officers.
- Keep more of your money when you invest with no fees or commissions.
- Put every penny to work and build a diversified portfolio with fractional shares.
- Don’t lose your returns to taxes. M1 uses a tax-efficient investing strategy so you’ll pay less.
- Borrow at one of the lowest interest rates on the market for a more cost-efficient alternative to credit card debt, student loans, HELOC, and more.
- Easily visualize and manage your investments with M1’s dynamic, intuitive pie chart design.
- Review your deposits, track your returns, and watch your portfolio grow over time.
- Stay informed and up-to-date on the most important news for your holdings.
- Use M1’s flexible portfolio line of credit to finance near-term purchases or add leverage to your portfolio.
INVEST FOR RETIREMENT
- Say goodbye to confusing costs and hidden fees with M1’s no-fee IRAs.
- Choose a professionally designed retirement portfolio or pick your own stocks and ETFs for more customization.
- Skip the paperwork. M1’s Rollover Concierge helps you transfer old 401(k)s with no hassle.
DISCOVER THE SIMPLEST, LOWEST COST WAY TO BORROW
- Get the money you need to achieve your financial goals with M1 Borrow.
- Instantly borrow up to 35% of your account balance at 4.25%.
- Fund large purchases, refinance existing debt, or invest more on M1’s free platform.
Forbes: One of “the best new personal finance apps and sites.”
Investopedia: “In terms of self-directed accounts, M1 is probably the best all-around platform.”
Investor Junkie: “M1 is dangerously close to being the perfect all-around investing tool.”
Rest easy knowing all data transferred and stored is protected with best-in-class security standards, including 2048-bit encryption. Plus, as a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC), all securities in your account are protected up to $500,000. (See http://www.sipc.org for more details.)
Questions? Visit our Support Center in the application or online at support.m1finance.com. Plus, our team is always here to help —email us any time at email@example.com.
Download now to start investing in your future!
Member of SIPC. Securities in your account protected up to $500,000. SIPC insurance does not protect against loss in the market value of securities. For additional information visit www.sipc.org. Securities and services are provided to clients of M1 by M1 Finance LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Investments are not FDIC insured and may lose value. Investing in securities involves risk and there is always the potential of losing money when you invest in securities. Please consider your objectives and M1 fees before investing. Past performance is not a guarantee of future results. Using margin involves risks: you can lose more than you deposit. you are subject to a margin call, and interest rates may change. Not an offer, solicitation of an offer, or advice to buy or sell securities in jurisdiction where M1 Finance LLC is not registered.
© M1 Finance LLC, Member FINRA / SIPC
App distributed by: M1 Finance LLC; 213 W. Institute Place, Suite 301; Chicago, IL 60610; United States
- Now through Jan. 31, get $25 when you open and fund an IRA with M1!
- Bug fixes and improvements!
Ratings and Reviews
Not really an app for traders
If you’re looking for an app for day trading and to be able to buy and sell stocks at anytime then this is not the app for you. The money that you put in is allocated between the stocks you choose so it fills up 100% of your portfolio. There are only windows were you can make sell or buy new stock prices. If would have to buy and sell stocks before 9 cst. The downside is you don’t know if the stocks that you buy or sell are at a good price when the market opens so you don’t really have a choice. If you want to trade and sell and trade stocks immediately then you’re better off using something like robinhood or any other type of day trading app. This is more for investing for the long run. Kinda like a self directed 401k or IRA. If that’s what you’re looking for then this app is for you. If you want to trade continuously then you want another app like Robinhood or another similar app. This app is like acorns. I don’t particularly like this app because I like to have full control of my money so I know how much I’m losing and I can cut losses before they get too deep. Thanks in advance!
Great Free Alternative for easy Investing
M1 is awesome: completely free, quick deposits unlike Robinhood, and partial shares which very few brokers do. I can make my own ETF essentially. I love the concept of pies, the app shows them very interactively and intuitively, and it's fun to make your own mix of stocks.
I was using Robinhood, Schwab, and Betterment, but will now be doing M1 instead of Betterment. This will avoid the management fees and give me almost any choice of fund, which betterment doesn't allow for accounts less than $100k. I'll still keep Robinhood because I like the interface and the feeling of owning whole stocks, but I'll be using it less and less. Schwab same kind of thing, it's convenient but there are fewer free ETFs, and no free stocks.
I would highly recommend this app, so far it's great and I will be putting most of my money into it.
Does job well!
The app works just as it should. The concept of pies took a little bit of time to get used to as I constructed my first portfolio, but once figured out, it gives the user great flexibility in creating a portfolio. One feature that would be nice is to see what stocks are duplicated in multiple pies as you put together a portfolio.
Regarding M1: The ability to purchase fractional shares allows even small investors to have a diversified portfolio and add to it with regularity, and the ability to do it for free is a great benefit to today’s budding and experienced investors. Here are a couple things I wish M1 would add to their service: First, allow for recurring individual orders and second give the customer the ability to turn off the auto rebalancing feature for new investments.
- M1 Finance LLC
- 112.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 M1 Finance LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.