MacDailyNews in your pocket! Now, even on the go, you won't miss a story.
Just like MacDailyNews, our app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch features daily news about Apple, Mac OS X, the Macintosh platform, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and more. It's where the Mac community goes to discuss these daily Apple-related news items in their own words with real-time Reader Feedback.
The MDN app offers Push Notifications. When enabled, the MDN app will notify users when each new article is posted. To control the various aspects of notifications (Sounds, Alerts, Badges), on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > Notification Center > MDN.
- Quick, up-to-the minute Apple-related news
- Infinite scrolling
- Visited headlines, so you know what you've read at a glance
- Push notifications now also for Apple Watch
- All-new, easier-to-read clean design
- Font resizing
- Supports iPad Pro display and Split View multitasking
- Easy-to-use commenting system
- Complete comment rating system
- Comments display and count
- Pull to refresh articles and comments
- iOS Share App Extension integration including ocial media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, iMessage, email, AirDrop, etc.)
- Full article display with dynamic Reader Feedback
- Visit full site option
- Sitewide search
- Full menu with access to news, opinion, contact, Facebook site, Tumblr site, Twitter feed, RSS, archives, and more
MacDailyNews. Where Mac News Comes First.
Support for latest iOS devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Poorly implemented ads
MacDailyNews is great, and you would think that their app would be of acceptable quality, but it absolutely is not. The need for revenue from ads is understandable, but the terrible technical implementation in this app is astounding. The ads get in the way of my finger when attempting t scroll, they will obstruct the first paragraph of article text, they randomly take over the app and go full screen without a way to exit, and they will randomly pop me out to the App Store with no user interaction. Honestly, if I didn't know that I was on iOS, I would have said that this app was malware. I don't understand how an ad system could be so poorly implemented for so long. And why doesn't MacDailyNews set up an ad-free tier that I can pay for? I would pay for that! Also, major functionality gripe: when I get a news notification for a specific story on this app, then I tap on that notification, my expectation is that I will be taken to that story. That is not what happens, I am simply taken to the main screen of the app, where I then have to manually trigger the app to load new stories, then find the story I wanted, then tap on it (which then submits me to the ad-based torture described above). Bad form MacDailyNews...I thought you were better than this.
Bad all around
This blog is arrogant and condescending. The authors and commentators hold strong political biases. The people at MacDailyNews are unprofessional. Just skip their nonsense and go right to the sources.
These people almost never have original content anyway. All they are doing is watching the Apple-related stories from other more professional and prominent blogs and reposting the same story with their annotation at the bottom. Most of the time their annotations are just ridiculously over-the-top and unprofessional. Skip their garbage and subscribe to the real publishers. MDN are plagiarizes standing on the shoulders of real journalists.
Beyond the problems with the blog, the app itself has several technical issues. Notifications stopped working a couple of major iOS releases ago. The ads take over your screen and often redirect you to malware sites. They don’t care one bit because they would prefer you use their websites where they get more money from their ads, and haven’t ever bothered to keep their iOS app updated to use new features or even work whatsoever even though they slam others for not keeping up with the latest from Apple.
I was tolerating the nonsense for a long time until more recently when they amped up there political posts in support of oppressive and disrespectful governmental policies. It’s time to move on from MDN if you want to take your Apple news seriously.
Good App - Gathers News From All Over!
I don’t understand why all the bad reviews.... I LIKE THIS APP! I have used it for a few years & like the way it gathers Mac OS news, iOS news, Apple Corp., new apps, hardware, software, patents, etc. from all over the web. You can glance at this and see the headlines and then go to a short summary of the news or the original article. You can really keep up with Apple and all related news at one easy to get to location. The app usually works flawlessly and that’s all you really want from an app, consistent performance! Sure there’s advertisement, but they’re trying to eat too, right? So like I said, it’s well worth it to me! Try it!
- JOSH Enterprises, LLC
- 1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2002 - 2019 by MacDailyNews
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.