By Josh Enterprises LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MacDailyNews in your pocket! Now, even on the go, you won't miss a story.
Just like MacDailyNews, our app for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch features daily news about Apple, Mac OS X, the Macintosh platform, iPad, iPhone, iPod, and more. It's where the Mac community goes to discuss these daily Apple-related news items in their own words with real-time Reader Feedback.
The MDN app offers Push Notifications. When enabled, the MDN app will notify users when each new article is posted. To control the various aspects of notifications (Sounds, Alerts, Badges), on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > Notification Center > MDN.
- Quick, up-to-the minute Apple-related news
- Infinite scrolling
- Visited headlines, so you know what you've read at a glance
- Push notifications now also for Apple Watch
- All-new, easier-to-read clean design
- Font resizing
- Supports iPad Pro display and Split View multitasking
- Easy-to-use commenting system
- Complete comment rating system
- Comments display and count
- Pull to refresh articles and comments
- iOS Share App Extension integration including ocial media sharing (Facebook, Twitter, iMessage, email, AirDrop, etc.)
- Full article display with dynamic Reader Feedback
- Visit full site option
- Sitewide search
- Full menu with access to news, opinion, contact, Facebook site, Tumblr site, Twitter feed, RSS, archives, and more
MacDailyNews. Where Mac News Comes First.
What's New in Version 4.0
All-new, built from the ground up!
- New landscape view for iPhone (better for nested comments)
- Faster app performance
- Streamlined commenting system
- New, large comment input box
- Site-wide search
- Rate comments directly while viewing (no extra taps)
- Improved integration with main and mobile sites
- Easy font size adjustment
- Nasdaq AAPL quote
- iOS Sharing integration
- Swipe to update
- New most-recent comments display
Repeating notifications Ads galore
The app constantly repeats notifications. This is a well-known developer bug and there are loads of articles on how to fix the issue. Considering this app has been out since last December, it's rather disappointing that MDN hasn't resolved it. Considering the insane number of Ads that the App serves, there should be plenty of Ad revenue to cover the time to fix the notifications bug. I'm once again uninstalling from my iOS devices and Perhaps try again in a couple of years. What a shame. Back to MacHash.
To many advertisements interrupting
This app used to be stable and quick. Now it has to much advertising causing it to load improperly. The stories are broken up by ads within them. Then when you try to make a comment on the story the ads interrupt your typing even 10 seconds. Which then leads you to clicking on a link which takes you out of the comments section and lose everything you typed before. FRUSTRATING! I deleted it because it is just not working anymore.
Slow plus more ads
The new App looks good but the performance has decreased. Slow to load stories and now that what we are seeing is a safari window inside the app (instead of having the stories natively in the App), there are more ads then there were before. The iAds in the App, the ads from the "safari version" of the stories we see and a new ad that I have to "slide" down to remove from view. I'm not being fooled. Neither should you.