By Synium Software GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MacFamilyTree 7 gives genealogy a facelift: It's modern, interactive, incredibly fast and easy to use. We're convinced that generations of chroniclers would have loved to trade in their genealogy tools for MacFamilyTree 7. MacFamilyTree helps you collect and record facts and data about your family history and turns them into informative reports and charts.
MacFamilyTree 7 comes with countless features to record and visualize your family history - use them to create reports, charts or nifty 3D views within our Virtual Tree feature. MacFamilyTree offers the right solution for all your genealogy needs.
Synchronize your data via iCloud, create webpages or back your research with the help of the gigantic genealogy database „FamilySearch“. You’re an avid genealogist, but you’re always on the go? Not a problem! Simply purchase MobileFamilyTree 7 to use on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and your options are virtually endless.
MacFamilyTree 7 - Overview:
- Use iCloud to keep your devices up to date. If enabled, MacFamilyTree 7’s iCloud feature automatically synchronizes your data on your Mac and your mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- New user interface. Well arranged, faster than ever before and easy to use
- FamilySearch: Access the world's largest genealogy archive and its one billion entries. It's completely free - no additional cost or subscription fees!
- Interactive Tree: Navigate through your family tree or add persons and events in the very same view
Charts, Reports and Views:
- Countless charts and views, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram Chart or the Virtual Globe.
- Comprehensive report features, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Event Report, Distinctive Persons Report, Birthdays Report, List of Persons Report, Marriage List Report and Plausibility Report.
- Our Virtual Globe has been rewritten from scratch and shows how your family has spread out across the world over time!
- The Virtual Tree shows a three dimensional view of your family history
- Try our Name Distribution Chart. It shows you the distribution of last names in your family tree and the changes that occurred over time
- Complete support for MacBook Pro with Retina Display: All charts, reports and views as well as the whole user interface is ready for Retina displays
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save videos or audio footage along with your written records.
- Upload your family tree to MacFamilyTree.com. Choose between publishing your family tree and keeping it private and password protected - it's all completely free!
- Use Mail, Twitter, Facebook or the Messages app to share your charts and reports with friends and family − right from inside MacFamilyTree
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with family or millions of other users to create a family tree together
And so much more!
What's New in Version 7.3.3
Issue uploading persons to FamilySearch corrected
If you are migrating from another program, like I am, and are doing it by importing a GEDCOM file, you will have a huge problem. Most other apps use a Place field for where an event occurs. For example, you may have San Jose, Santa Clara, California. That will all be in one field. Unfortunately, this app separates the filed into four fields City, County, State, and Country. You will find the above example that the program will import that as Santa Clara appearing as the State and California as the Country. It doesn’t know the difference. Thousands of my names were imported this way and must be individually changed (thousands!) in order for most of the perks of this software to work (ie maps of all kinds, location data, and even printing up reports!—you name it). It just doesn’t work. And if you have foreign locations, it’s even worse because they don’t have states and counties in many countries. Using ONE field was the standard in all this kind of software in the past. But they realized they didn’t have a good way of looking up locations without the field separation. It makes the app unusable if you want to move from a different app and have done many names as I have. I’m sad I paid for this. Finally, the customer service is awful. I sent messages twice asking for help and the NEVER responded. Instead I got an email saying “thanks for subscribing to our newsletter—great—more spam.
Superb genealogy app
MacFamilyTree is a superb genealogy app. Don’t listen to people who claim that GEDCOM import doesn’t work - it works perfectly and I do A LOT of genealogical work with other members of my genealogy group. There has never been any problem with wrong assigments of states and counties in the USA.
Love the new Yosemite UI and all the new features Synium has added. The reports can be exported in every language you want, great for my relatives from other countries. FamilySearch is one of the best research services ever, found thousands of ancestors I could add to my family tree.
Customer support is fast and friendly, they were able to answer all questions I sent them so far.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 02, 2015
- Version: 7.3.3
- Size: 273 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © 2014 Synium Software GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor