By Synium Software GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MacFamilyTree 7 gives genealogy a facelift: It's modern, interactive, incredibly fast and easy to use. We're convinced that generations of chroniclers would have loved to trade in their genealogy tools for MacFamilyTree 7. MacFamilyTree helps you collect and record facts and data about your family history and turns them into informative reports and charts.
MacFamilyTree 7 comes with countless features to record and visualize your family history - use them to create reports, charts or nifty 3D views within our Virtual Tree feature. MacFamilyTree offers the right solution for all your genealogy needs.
Synchronize your data via iCloud, create webpages or back your research with the help of the gigantic genealogy database „FamilySearch“. You’re an avid genealogist, but you’re always on the go? Not a problem! Simply purchase MobileFamilyTree 7 to use on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and your options are virtually endless.
MacFamilyTree 7 - Overview:
- Use iCloud to keep your devices up to date. If enabled, MacFamilyTree 7’s iCloud feature automatically synchronizes your data on your Mac and your mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- New user interface. Well arranged, faster than ever before and easy to use
- FamilySearch: Access the world's largest genealogy archive and its one billion entries. It's completely free - no additional cost or subscription fees!
- Interactive Tree: Navigate through your family tree or add persons and events in the very same view
Charts, Reports and Views:
- Countless charts and views, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram Chart or the Virtual Globe.
- Comprehensive report features, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Event Report, Distinctive Persons Report, Birthdays Report, List of Persons Report, Marriage List Report and Plausibility Report.
- Our Virtual Globe has been rewritten from scratch and shows how your family has spread out across the world over time!
- The Virtual Tree shows a three dimensional view of your family history
- Try our Name Distribution Chart. It shows you the distribution of last names in your family tree and the changes that occurred over time
- Complete support for MacBook Pro with Retina Display: All charts, reports and views as well as the whole user interface is ready for Retina displays
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save videos or audio footage along with your written records.
- Upload your family tree to MacFamilyTree.com. Choose between publishing your family tree and keeping it private and password protected - it's all completely free!
- Use Mail, Twitter, Facebook or the Messages app to share your charts and reports with friends and family − right from inside MacFamilyTree
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with family or millions of other users to create a family tree together
And so much more!
What's New in Version 7.3.4
- GEDCOM import issues fixed
- Duplicate search improved
Don’t Buy - iCloud Sync Doesn’t Work!
One of the key advirtised feature of the program is sync across all devices via iCloud. THAT IS NOT TRUE! Synchronization used to work till release of Yosemite/iOS 8. Since then - there is no syncing and no way to use on iOS 8 (unless you build a new tree on iPad/iPhone that is higly unlikely case).
The customer support service provided the following comment: "the "100%"-error is unfortunately an iCloud server problem caused by Apple… Since iCloud is a blackbox and apps just attach themselves to the iCloud interface, we unfortunately cannot circumvent this problem by updating MobileFamilyTree”.
In short, the Sinium Software knows the issue but (for more that one year since release of Yosemite and iOS) doesn’t do anything and continue to provide false promises that the tree will be in sync. Stay away and save your money for an app that works.
MacFamilyTree is Great
I’ve owned most of the popular Mac genealogy programs and am blown away by MFT. It’s by far the best, most flexible and easy to use app I’ve had. Great product and outstanding support. I wrote this morning with a question and received an answer in less than 5 minutes. Amazing.
Good but Complicated
I have had the app for a very long time, and I have rarely it used since I rely mostly on Ancestry.Com and its difficult to maintain multiple tree files.
I created a new family tree file, one that will be a subset of my Ancestry.Com tree. This “clean” version of the tree will allow me take advantage of the reporting features that are found in MacFamilyTree7.
I could not get the iCloud sync features to work until I discoved a trick.
1) First create your MFT7 file on the desktop, populate it with some content, save the file, and sync it to the cloud.
2) Next create a new second (empty is fine) file on the iOS device, and sync that to the cloud.
3) Once the 2nd file is on the clould, the iOS device will finally see the original desktop file and pull it down to the iOS device.
From that point on syncing has worked for me over the last two weeks.
Familytree.com sync feature can be confusing, but once you understand how it works, it is quite useful, but it could be stand to be improved.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 7.3.4
- Size: 273 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © 2014 Synium Software GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor