By Synium Software GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MacFamilyTree 7 gives genealogy a facelift: It's modern, interactive, incredibly fast and easy to use. We're convinced that generations of chroniclers would have loved to trade in their genealogy tools for MacFamilyTree 7. MacFamilyTree helps you collect and record facts and data about your family history and turns them into informative reports and charts.
MacFamilyTree 7 comes with countless features to record and visualize your family history - use them to create reports, charts or nifty 3D views within our Virtual Tree feature. MacFamilyTree offers the right solution for all your genealogy needs.
Synchronize your data via iCloud, create webpages or back your research with the help of the gigantic genealogy database „FamilySearch“. You’re an avid genealogist, but you’re always on the go? Not a problem! Simply purchase MobileFamilyTree 7 to use on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and your options are virtually endless.
MacFamilyTree 7 - Overview:
- New: Use iCloud to keep your devices up to date. If enabled, MacFamilyTree 7’s iCloud feature automatically synchronizes your data on your Mac and your mobile devices such as the iPhone, iPod touch or iPad.
- New user interface. Well arranged, faster than ever before and easy to use
- FamilySearch: Access the world's largest genealogy archive and its one billion entries. It's completely free - no additional cost or subscription fees!
- New: Record your direct relatives' data with just one click and browse your tree at cyber speed!
Charts, Reports and Views:
- Countless charts and views, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram Chart or the Virtual Globe.
- Comprehensive report features, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Event Report, Distinctive Persons Report, Birthdays Report, List of Persons Report, Marriage List Report and Plausibility Report.
- Our Virtual Globe has been rewritten from scratch and shows how your family has spread out across the world over time!
- The new Virtual Tree shows a three dimensional view of your family history!
- Try our new Name Distribution Chart. It shows you the distribution of last names in your family tree and the changes that occurred over time
- Complete support for MacBook Pro with Retina Display: All charts, reports and views as well as the whole user interface is ready for Retina displays
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save videos or audio footage along with your written records.
- Upload your family tree to MacFamilyTree.com. Choose between publishing your family tree and keeping it private and password protected - it's all completely free!
- Use Mail, Twitter, Facebook or the Messages app to share your charts and reports with friends and family − right from inside MacFamilyTree
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with family or millions of other users to create a family tree together
And so much more!
What's New in Version 7.1.5
Fixed an issue where MacFamilyTree appeared to be hanging while creating an automatic backup
Awesome genealogy program for the Mac!
This program is great for doing genealogy on the Mac! It's easy to learn and very intuitive. The help files are actually helpful. I've imported several GEDCOM files into this with no issues. I can easily add pictures and stories and it has a section for tracking my todo list. I also own the iPad program and I can sync all my updates between the two programs in the cloud, so I'm never without a full copy of my genealogy research. I also love that this is integrated with Family Search so that I can use the information in the trees there as well. Again - great program for genealogy on the Mac.
Does not Sync Ordinance Dates with Family Search
There is so much to like about this software- UI, reports, ease of data managemen etc. I keep wanting to really like this and make it work. But what a show stopper to discover that the claimed interface with Family Search does not include the ordinance data. These critical dates and places are not synced to the desktop. The response from tech support was clearly that this was not a feature, period. The info on the program is very misleading- giving the full impression that the interface with Fam Search is full and complete. So disappointing to find out it isn’t- and so frustrating when you think it really could and should be there.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 08, 2014
- Version: 7.1.5
- Size: 335 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © 2014 Synium Software GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor