Introducing Mach Desktop 4K version 3.0: The most advanced and beautiful wallpaper application ever conceived for a personal computer! Mach Desktop 4K features 50 stunning dynamic Themes; allows you to load your own Videos, GIFs, or Quartz Compositions as Wallpaper, and allows you to add over 30 different Widgets to your Desktop. Choose from a huge variety of meticulously crafted dynamic Themes from categories including: Space, Fantasy, Architecture, Fields, Nature, Holiday, Aquariums, Fireplaces, Abstract Themes, and much more! Mach Desktop 4K also features GPU-acceleration support so Themes use little-to-no CPU — freeing up your computer for other tasks.
If that still wasn’t enough, with the Widget Manager you can add Widgets to your Desktop with a single click! Select a Widget and set its size, font, foreground color, and background color — and easily position a Widget anywhere you want. Choose from over 30 different Widgets including Time, Date, Current Weather, 12 hour Weather forecast, 5 day Weather forecast, a variety of Clocks, and much much more. You can even add Web pages to your Desktop with the Web Page Widget, or add your own Custom Text Widgets (including Emojis) to your Desktop super easily. Don’t feel like adding and customizing Widgets on your own? No problem! Mach Desktop 4K can automatically add Widgets positioned, colored, and tailored for each individual Theme. With all these features, Mach Desktop 4K has no equal and is the only application of its kind!
New in version 3.0:
- All new completely redesigned Themes
- All Themes are now pre-rendered Videos using no more than 5% CPU per display (no more included Quartz compositions that rely on heavily CPU/GPU usage, however you can still load your own Quartz Compositions if you would like)
- New Widgets, including Custom Text Widget
- Improved dynamics: Closing/opening Laptop lid, better wake/sleep support, improved awareness when you’re switching Display resolution, etc.
- Preserve original Aspect Ratio in Themes
- Widgets up to 75% faster than previous Widgets
Super cool features!
- Includes 50 Dynamic Video Themes as Wallpaper
- Load your own Videos, GIFs, or Quartz Compositions as Wallpaper
- Includes over 30 different Widgets to add to your Desktop; Widgets include: Date, Time, Weather, Clocks, and more
- Choose from a huge variety of Themes including: Space, Fantasy, Architecture, Fields, Nature, Holiday, Aquariums, Fireplaces, Abstract Themes, and more
- Unlimited Display/Monitor support, with each Display being independently customizable
- Choose Themes graphically with a single click
- Video and GIF as Wallpaper feature GPU-acceleration support; consuming little-to-no CPU for Wallpaper animations (Quartz compositions vary depending on Quartz composition)
- Not only includes a huge variety of Date/Time/Weather/Clock Widgets; but also includes Web Page Widgets and Custom Text Widgets
- All Widgets support custom position, size, font, foreground color, and background color
- Super advanced, yet super easy to use
*If you like Mach Desktop 4K please leave us a positive review in the Mac App Store as it really does help us out a lot!*
- Increased Weather Widget Accuracy for Users in the United States
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
Ratings and Reviews
Update broke it
Mach Desktop no longer works. It will quickly launch, glitch and then close out. Using MacOS Mojave.
Hi, if you’re an existing user please contact us at machsoftwaredesign.com/contact and we’ll get your issue resolved shortly. Or if you want you can just go to Terminal.app and enter the command "defaults delete com.machsoftwaredesign.desktop4k" that should fix your issue and restore Mach Desktop 4K to default settings. Thank you!
Could be better
At first the App did render the video to a small square on the desktop, instead of fullscreen. Then I had to ask the developer via facebook page, how to solve the issue - and restarted the app, as suggested: Then it worked. However, this should be present on the Apps documentation website, and a restart should be made automatically after choosing the quicktime video. Anyway, it did what I brought it to do. Just need some polishments.
5% CPU Usage is a Lie
The included wallpapers are beautiful, and the widgets are useful. I like the app a lot, but I do have to call them out on the 5% CPU usage claim. The app does indeed stay below 5% but it causes the WindowsServer process CPU usage to increase by 20-40% or so on my i7 rMBP 13.
With that being said I wish the app had an option to pause the wallpaper when on battery.
- Mach Software Design
- 1.4 GB
- OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2018 Mach Software Design
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.