By Mach Software Design
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*Special Spring Sale! 60% off for a limited time!*
Mach Desktop 2.0 is a complete rewrite of our popular application, Mach Desktop! Mach Desktop features 40+ stunning themes, with each theme featuring advanced 3D effects or gorgeous True HD Video, and the most cutting-edge and beautiful "Desklets" ever to grace a Desktop! 3D effects include but are not limited to: Light, Water, Fog, Smoke, Clouds, Fire, Snow, Stars, Galaxies, Quasars, even Black Holes, and more! Mach Desktop 2.0 also features a new super efficient video player foundation that can play full 1080P HD videos while consuming on average 5% CPU per display. Our High Definition Videos include Waterfalls, Fireplaces, Aquariums; and even historic landmarks like the Great Pyramids, the Roman Colosseum, the Athens Acropolis, the Eiffel Tower, and others!
Unlike other apps, which only iterate through photos, play only mediocre videos, or include only one 3D rendered image; Mach Desktop include all of these features and much much more! Desklets can automatically be added on a per-theme basis, and automatically customized and positioned for each theme. Or with the Desklet Manager, quickly customize Desklets' position, size, font, and colors (and Add Desklets) with a single click! You can even put Web Page Desklets on your Desktop, and our advanced Desklets not only feature weather, date, forecasts, and other detailed information; but detailed charts of projected temperature, humidity, wind speed, and more! You can even load your own videos and quartz compositions; the options are limitless -- Mach Desktop truly has no equal and is the only application of its kind!
Ridiculously Advanced Features!
- 40+ Themes, with the option to automatically add customized Desklets or add no Desklets at all; the choice is yours!
- Unlimited Display support, with each display being independently customizable
- 25+ 3D (Quartz) Compositions with stunning rendered effects such as Light, Water, Fog, Smoke, Clouds, Fire, Snow, Stars, Galaxies, Quasars, Black Holes, and more
- Nearly 20 True HD Videos include Waterfalls, Fireplaces, Aquariums; and also historic landmarks like the Great Pyramids, the Roman Colosseum, the Athens Acropolis, the Eiffel Tower, and more
- Choose Themes graphically with a single click
- Add nearly 25 different Desklets with a single click; with each Desklet supporting customized position, size, font, foreground color, and background color
- Web page Desklets allow to you put multiple web pages on your Desktop, allowing full customizability for position and size
- Chart Desklets show conditions for the next 48 hours
- Retina Display support
- OS X 10.9 "Mavericks" Ready
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use
**1.0 Users you can still put web pages as your Desktop, simply add the Web Page Desklet and resize it to fill your screen!**
What's New in Version 2.01
- Improved Stability
- Fixed various bugs throughout the application
The update ruined it for me
Loved the initial version.
Never crashed once.
The quartz screen savers were great.
First launch of the updated application it froze when I was going through the new screen savers. I figured it was just a start-up hiccup.
I was wrong, it froze on every subsequent launch of the app.
Liked the new screen savers
Freezes - Spinning colour wheel of death everytime you try to switch screen savers. Had to force close or restart.
It causes the fan on my MacBook Pro to go into overdrive (even with the app “inactive")
They did not incorporate all the old quartz screen savers into the new iteration
Customer support almost non-existent.
Recommendation: If you have the old version, DO NOT update.
Low Quality—GET THE LITE VERSION
This program is very low quality. Many of the desktops look like they were put together in photoshop, and they are sprinkled with stupid effects that make them look like they are moving. Of course the lite version has the best desktops so I had high hopes for the paid version but it was truly a waste of money.
Also, after a few minutes of running the dynamic desktops my laptop’s fan kicked in, showing that it does use a good amount of processing power.
Lastly, some of the desklet frames stay visible even after I’ve quit the desklet editor.
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING
Seems to work, but...
It works OK, but it’s definitely not my cup of tea. I bought it on the chance that it would do what I want — I’d like to use it for a folder of static desktop photos with a bit more control than Apple’s built-in. Specifically, I’d like to be able to know the name of the image being viewed. Not the developers fault, this app does what it does. I’ve got to say, I’d get seasick trying to work with the desktop moving behind everything. I was hoping there would be a static image option, but it seems not.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 23, 2013
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 714 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mach Software Design
- © 2011 Mach Software Design
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor