**Please visit our website or search for "Mach Write" in the Mac App Store to download the OS X version, only $3.99!**
Mach Write is a powerful new RTF, TXT, PDF (Rich Text Format, Plain Text, PDF) Editor and Viewer for iOS and OS X! Featuring full iCloud document synchronization, RTF in multiple styles, sizes, and colors; as well as PDF Viewing/Creating/Annotation; and TXT files in addition to supporting nearly 15 plain text code formats; Mach Write makes it super easy to create in many different formats while still being incredibly powerful! And the best part is Mach Write is free for iOS and only $3.99 (U.S.) on OS X!
- iCloud document synchronization; Mach Write keeps all your documents up to date on all your iOS and OS X devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)
- RTF Read/Write support; easily Create and Edit Rich Text with multiple styles, alignment, font sizes, color, shadows, line spacing, and more -- one of the most popular word processor formats widely compatible across OS X, Windows, and Linux
- PDF Creation, Viewing, Editing; PDF Free-hand writing on iOS -- Create Blank PDFs super easy and draw diagrams, take notes, etc. (Large PDF documents in iCloud, such as large eBooks, are not recommended)
- DOC and DOCX Viewing on iOS (DOC/DOCX Read/Write support on OS X)
- Export as PDF makes it easy to annotate PDF's for grading papers, making corrections, or signing documents (iOS only)
- Revolutionary PDF Magnifer feature makes it super easy to take Notes and automatically save as PDF (iOS only)
- Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use!
- Added support for iPhone X
- Improved Popover Panels application wide
- Added Landscape support for iPhone (rotate device 90° horizontally)
- Slideover replaced with Popovers on iPhone
- Lots of other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Many good features; a few flaws
This is a great word processor and works really well for those of us who use Siri to dictate a draft or brief document. If you pause before you say "period", it is smart enough to enter "."
Biggest gripe I have is that the app says it is optimized for iPhone 5, but good luck reading the name of your files without an old-timey magnifying glass. I'm guessing it was ported from OSX and nobody really looked at that aspect of the interface. You can't do a zoom to bring up the size of the text on the file list, and all you see is the truncated file name in itsy-bitsy teeny-tiny letters.
I thought I'd give this a try for saving rtfs. I pasted in text with color and links. All looked fine. Then:
1) tried changing color on part of text-very limited options.
2) tried making a section of text smaller, end of text was not visible-could not scroll to it
3) tried saving-could find no way of saving or going back to a document list (of doc was auto saving)-app crashes while I was looking!
4) tried again to change doc size-bottom lines were truncated again.
5) when changing size or color, hyperlinks in my pasted text were removed!
6) dumping this app-want the past 10 minutes of my life back
Great concept, could use some polish
Good amount of supported files. But missing UI polish that you'd expect in an iOS app. Like the button spacing being crammed together or the lack of feedback when tapping.
There's potential though.
- Mach Software Design
- 24.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Mach Software Design
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.