Machinarium is the award-winning independent adventure game developed by the makers of Samorost series and Botanicula.
Help Josef the robot to save his girlfriend Berta kidnapped by the Black Cap Brotherhood gang.
"Absolutely Fantastic" - TouchArcade
4/4 - USA TODAY
4/4 - SlideToPlay
9/10 - Pocket Gamer
- IGF, Excellence in Visual Art Award
- Gamasutra, Best Indie Game Of The Year
- VGChartz.com, Best Indie Game Of The Year
iPhone X support
Ratings and Reviews
Imagine WALL·E directed by Tim Burton—that’s the weird, wonderful world of Machinarium. But this cute robot’s quest for love combines tons more influences—like point-and-click adventures, hidden-object puzzlers, and comic books—for a truly unique experience. Challenging but full of awesome “aha!” moments, it’s an artistic odyssey that looks amazing on iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV.
Too many bugs
I’ve heard a lot good reviews before I downloaded it to my iPad. Then I found that maybe the game itself has a unique style, but the experience of playing it is terrible. And I’m sure it’s not my device’s problem since mine is the new iPad Pro and I’ve played many other games while none of them have any issue.
1. The music and sound effects disappeared for many times and restart the game won’t even fix it
2. The whole screen got stuck when I tried to solve a puzzle and went back to normal once I stopped trying. So I have to give up and delete this game because I couldn’t move forward anymore.
3. The controls are very difficult. If you want to use some of the equipments you’ve obtained, you have to place them PRECISELY where they belong and sometimes even try several times for it to work.
I still think this is a good game and I assume it might work better on PC or Mac. But please fix these bugs in this iOS version. Look forward to seeing its update.
Best game ever; frustrating on iPhone
I've been doing puzzle games since Zork; I've probably played hundreds. I love a good story and difficult solving. Machinarium is my favorite game of all time--killer music and environmental audio, gorgeous visuals, clever puzzling (the garden entrance puzzle may be the best ever). Plus, it has walkthroughs if you just get stumped and can't figure out where to go next.
I've played through this probably four times, but always on a computer. On a tiny iPhone 6 screen, it's nearly impossible to see every clue or manipulate every control. The bomb puzzle nearly requires a magnifying glass, and several others had such specific click zones it took dozens of tries for an otherwise easy puzzle.
This is really not the fault of the developers--they've built a lush, rich environment, densely packed with visual clues. There's probably no way to make the work on an iPhone. iPad, maybe. Computer, definitely.
- Amanita Design s.r.o.
- 263.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Amanita Design s.r.o.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.