Through the Machining Cloud, the cutting-tool manufacturers descriptive, usage and geometric information and application knowledge is readily available to power CAM systems, simulation and tool-management software, cutting-tool presetters, machine tools and other shop equipment.
This Cloud-based solution provides the product data needed to efficiently run today’s data-hungry shop. The Machining Cloud is:
• Cloud-Enabled, always up-to-date and available from any location or device
• Open, to any cutting tool manufacturer, software vendor or other data consumer
• Standard, utilizing ISO13399, STEP, GTC, DIN4000 and MTConnect
• Feature rich, productivity toolbox on the desktop, and the tablet devices
Using the Machining Cloud App users have access to a rich set of features including Tool Selector, Tool Configurator, Tool Advisor, Tool Package / Job Management, Reporting and Commerce.
Product Data Enhancements
• Cutting Tool Brands now available include: Allen Benjamin, Allied Machine & Engineering, ATA, Colibri, Command, Dapra, Denitool, Destiny Tool, Emuge , Fullerton, GARR TOOL, G.W. Schultz, Haas, IMCO, Ingersoll, Iscar, Jergens, Kennametal, KOMET GROUP, KYOCERA SGS Precision Tools, LMT Onsrud, Lyndex Nikken, MAFord, MasterCut, Mitsubishi Hitachi Tool Engineering, Ltd, Mitsubishi Materials, North American Tool, OSG, PHorn, ProMax, Raptor, Redline, RobbJack, Seco Tools, TaeguTec, Tap Associates, Tungaloy, Walter, WIDIA, and WNT
• Over 809,600 products and 595,000 3D models available
• 77,736 product changes and 53,388 updated 3D models
• My Inventory: “Send Copy To” is upgraded to allow sending multiple items from the inventory to other users in a single job. (N.B.: “Unknown” brand items are excluded)
• Projection length: dialog displays PCS to MCS length. Value changes based on the offset provided by user. Value will update upon clicking the refresh button
• 3D viewer: the toggle button for model complexity is enabled while rendering the 3D model in the 3D viewer, so the user can switch the model complexity without further waiting
• 3D viewer: added “Capture Image” button to save an image of the 3D model displayed as PNG file
• 3D viewer: added orthographic view selections
• Notification Center: Added a button to mark all the messages of the tab as read
• Cart: Add Additional Item - quantity is specified when adding additional item to the cart
• Message is displayed in the side panel when the RSS feeds fails to fetch
• Icons enhanced in Filters, Tool Advisor, Global availability, Product page:
○ An icon image displays for “FirstChoice” (Kennametal) and AllStar (Widia)
○ Icons shown next to the country flags
○ Preferred tool program icon replaces the previously displayed “*”
• Global Availability: user message displayed when no availability information is returned by the API - “If a desired warehouse is not shown, no stock is currently available at that warehouse.”
Ratings and Reviews
Great way to save time!
This app allows me to easily select from the millions of tools available for my CNC operations. It's a great way to reduce time spent looking through catalogs or calling tooling representatives.
This has the potential to be a good idea. The execution is beyond poor. Very hard to imagine why they would release something that absolutely does not work. Many areas of the app just lock up. Or, it wants to advise you on tool selection for a feature, then tells you (after a long wait) nothing is available. This is for a feature on a part I am currently making with a Kennametal insert, but the app says Kennametal doesn't have anything for the job. Don't bother with this until there is an update. I am using this on an iPad running the latest iOS as of 12/13/15.
Developer Response ,
The app has evolved quite a bit since 2015. The technical issues you seemed to have should most likely be addressed by now. If not please submit issues to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The MachiningCloud Team
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.