Ideal for machining pros, machine setters, tool and die makers, production engineers, shop managers and shop owners who want to increase productivity and profits in the design, layout and set-up stages of production and reduce wear and tear on costly cutting tools.
And while perhaps obvious, if you change from an iOS device to a non-iOS device, you WILL need to buy a new license as they are incompatible.
The Machinist Calc Pro is the first machining math and reference tool to provide a complete assortment of machine shop solutions. It has more complete Thread data than the Machinery's Handbook, including step-saving Thread and Drill Size chart look-ups, speeds and feeds, right triangle solutions, bolt patterns and much more.
Spend more time machining and less time looking up specs and data in books, on charts or in computer programs.
• Created by Calculated Industries, the originator of the award-winning Construction Master calculators
• Built-in help, just press and hold a key
• All the functionality and solutions of the handheld Machinist Calc Pro calculators and optimized for the iPhone device user
• Entry Editing Backspace Key – with a swipe of a finger (left - to - right)
• A complete User’s Guide is available free at www.calculated.com
• Speeds and Feeds - Calculate for Milling, Turning and Drilling; Spindle Speed (RPM), Feed Rate (IPM), Cut Speed, Cut Feed, Feed per Tooth, Number of Teeth and Radial Chip Thinning adjustment factor
• Thread Size - Enter numeric, fractional or metric thread sizes and display tap, roll tap, close and free fit drill sizes. Display pitch, major and minor diameters
• Drill Point - Enter the cutting angle and Drill Size and calculate the Drill Point cut depth
• Drill Size - Enter numeric, letter, fractional or metric Drill Size and display the closest fitting Drill Size and scroll through available drill sizes
• 3-Wire Measure - Enter Wire Size (or use calculated Best Wire size) and 3-Wire Measurement to calculate pitch diameter
• Trigonometric Functions - Sine, Cosine, Tangent, Arcsine, Arccosine, Arctangent
• Right Triangle Math - Enter, calculate Angle, Hypotenuse, Opposite and Adjacent side lengths
• Thread Classification Tables
- Internal (3) 1B, 2B, 3B
- External (3) 1A, 2A, 3A
- Internal (14) 3G-9G and 3H-9H
- External (28) 3g-9g, 3h-9h, 3e-9e, 3f-9f
• U.S. and Metric Unit Entries and Conversions
◦m, mm, cm
◦Area, Volume and Weight
• Works as a Standard Calculator
Machinist Calc® is a registered trademark of Calculated Industries, Inc.
Change to app data storage location.
Ratings and Reviews
mm to inch conversion
This is a function I use literally hundreds of times a day when looking at blueprints. Whatever update occurred caused this to no longer work. For example I should be able to press 1 then inch then mm and get 25.4 as a solution. Now it just changes from 1 inch to 1 mm. Was a really great app with handy features. Not sure now what all has been changed. Please restore functionality. Would have been 5 stars had I not lost my favorite feature. Still gets a 4 though. I've used it for 6 months with no other issues.
***Still not fixed. Down to 2 stars. Luckily I have the calculator version in my toolbox for redundancy. The new version works but it's a shame you will not fix this one for people who already have it.
Fast, accurate, easy to use
Use this app almost every day and it's an absolute time saver. All common operations for a manual machinist are included and easy to use. Trig functions, circles and bolt patterns, speeds & feeds, english/ metric conversion.......it's all there. If you're a student or experienced machinist, this app WILL make your day easier. You can either spend the $70 or so on the stand alone calculator or $20 on the app.......kind of a no brainer to me. This app has paid for itself many times over, there are few that actually so that.
No longer works!
I liked this app before the latest update. It could have had a few features to make things easier to enter like thread data. You have to remember a lot of key strokes in the correct order.
Since the update, thread data doesn't work. Unit conversion doesn't work as well as other common features. It now has about the same functionality as the Apple one included with your phone but expensive Apple.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.