Mackie Master Fader 4
By Loud Technologies, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Mackie Master Fader™ app provides complete wireless control over your Mackie AXIS Digital Mixing System, DL32R, DL1608 or DL806. Proven at more than 5 million live mixes worldwide, the incredibly intuitive Master Fader control app is packed with powerful processing and a rich set of mixing tools for any professional application.
Mackie Master Fader v4.5 provides the perfect way to try out the functions of the DL32R, DL1608 or DL806 before you buy. For actual audio functionality, a Mackie DL series mixer is required.
• Intuitive multi-touch control over every major mix function
• Grow and Glow™ clearly shows controls being adjusted
• Total recall of all mixer settings using snapshots and shows
• Overview delivers instant access to all inputs, outputs, groups and more
• Mixer view allows fast adjustment of channel controls including solo, mute, pan and level with full metering
• Channel view gives control over a choice of powerful DSP
o Inputs: Choice of Vintage or Modern 4-band PEQ + HPF, gate and compression and RTA/Spectrograph
o Return Channels: 4-band PEQ and compression and RTA/Spectrograph
o Outputs: 4-band PEQ + HPF/LPF, 31-band GEQ, comp/limiter, alignment delay and RTA/Spectrograph
o Subgroups: 4-band PEQ, compression and RTA/Spectrograph
o FX: Wide choice of reverbs and delays with dedicated channels sends and returns to each output
• Recording/Playback view delivers total control of your recordings for immediate playback and easy exporting
o Full wireless control over 32x32 recordings with DL32R
o Assignable 2-channel recording with DL1608/DL806
• Quick access panel delivers instant access to critical mixing functions like effects mute, clear solo and tap delay.
• VCAs and mute groups provide fast control over multiple channels at once
• 6 matrix busses for professional control of multiple mixes*
• Full I/O routing with A/B sources per channel*
• Built-in oscillator including pink/white noise and sine waves*
• Fast navigation with view groups that provide customizable views
• Copy and paste inputs, outputs and mixes for quick setup
• Quick setup with tons of factory and user-definable presets
• Export presets, shows and complete system backups via Dropbox, email and more using iOS system sharing
• Access Limiting allows flexible customization of user interface and prevents unwanted adjustments from other engineers/musicians
• Complete offline operation for simple pre-show setup
• Support for up to 20 iOS devices connected wirelessly so other engineers and musicians can control any aspect of the mix.
• Pocketable wireless control or on-stage mixing by musicians from iPhone® or iPod® touch
* Only available with the Mackie DL32R
• Requires iOS 8 or greater. The original iPad is not supported.
• Wi-Fi router - For wireless control (required for DL32R), a Wi-Fi router is required. See the DL Series Reference Guide for complete information
• DL32R, DL1608 or DL806 Mixer - Master Fader does not mix audio on its own. It requires the DL Series mixer to fully function
• Wireless Compatibility – DL Series mixer are compatible with iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini4, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad mini, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad 2, iPod touch (5th generation)
• Lightning Compatibility - Master Fader allows docked operation with the DL1608 or DL806 mixers with Lightning Connector with the iPad Air 2 and iPad Air (using the optional iPad Air Tray Kit), iPad (4th generation), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 and iPad mini (using the optional iPad mini Tray Kit).
• 30-Pin Compatibility - Master Fader allows docked operation with the DL1608 or DL806 mixers with 30-Pin Connector with the iPad (3rd generation) and iPad 2.
What's New in Version 4.5.3
Master Fader version 4.5.3 is a bug fix release for DC16, Master Fader, DL32R, DL1608 and DL806 users. It may require a firmware update to use. Please backup your Shows and Presets in Master Fader before installing. Do not perform an update immediately before an important show; give yourself time to test and learn the new features.
Master Fader 4.5.3 includes some enhancements for DC16 Users:
* Added high contrast "Sun" mode to DC16 screen brightness options
* Improved reliability of DC16 iPad wired connection
* Improved connection reliability between DC16 and DL32R when switching slots
* Improved connection reliability between DC16 and DL32R after updating
* Improved operation of DC16 & DL32R so they now reconnect when switching from link local to DHCP
* Improved DC16 Auto Route status messages
* Improved resolution of DC16 PEQ Frequency control
* Improved performance of DC16 when loading large shows
* Improved speed of various DC16 navigation and screen change operations
* Improved the text on Master Fader blank following screens
It also contains numerous fixes for Master Fader and DC16:
* Fixed various issues with Master Fader Follow Mode going to the incorrect blank view
* Fixed issue with Master Fader sometimes not re-connecting when returning to foreground from background
* Fixed issue with Master Fader bug where iPad auto lock and re-sync while importing audio caused the import to be interrupted
* Fixed issue with Master Fader where Current Parameter display showed the incorrect inputs for some Matrix Sends
* Fixed issue with Master Fader where the Overview wouldn't follow the currently selected mix in Follow Mode
* Fixed issue with Master Fader where recalling a snapshot turned follow mode on
* Fixed issue with Master Fader layout of devices view in alternate orientations
* Fixed various refresh issues with DC16 selected channel display
* Fixed various refresh issues with DC16 when linking unlinking channels and mixes
* Fixed various issue with DC16 Fader LEDs not updating when changing mix color
* Fixed issue with DC16 IO Patch routing not preserved after upgrade
* Fixed issue with DC16 All Sends view wasn't properly reflecting the linked state of output
* Fixed issue with DC16 per channel sends view was not showing matrix sends when main was selected
* Fixed issue with DC16 where Selected Channel SENDS edit didn't update screens for color, link and name changes
* Fixed issue with DC16 output selector would reset upon snapshot recall
* Fixed issue with DC16 where Vintage PEQ HPF value was with Master Fader
* Fixed issue with DC16 would not reset FX send masters when recalling default snapshot
* Fixed issue with DC16 where the master mute and solo would not function on subgroup masters
* Fixed issue with DC16 screen refresh when changing between certain mixes
* Fixed issue with DC16 where adding or removing a channel from a subgroup would reset the display to the first 16 channels
* Fixed issue with DC16 Show display showing wrong current snapshot on power cycle
* Fixed issue with DC16 where HPF enable/disable wouldn't work in EQ Per Channel View
* Fixed issue with DC16 where Snapshot Recall button would sometimes not light after a snapshot recall
* Fixed issues with Master Fader where static IP and Subnet could be set incorrectly leading to the device being undiscoverable
* Other various stability improvements and fixes to DC16 and Master Fader
Please allow for dowloads of past versions
Love working with the app and all the flexability, but it is very annoying when a new version is released and someone in the band's iphone updates. We have 3 ipads and 8 iphones that we use to control the mixer. If an auto update accidently happens we need to update the firmware and all 11 devices. Very time consuming. If the last verson or two was avaiable we could just roll back that one device. Other app builders have compatibility versions that can be used for this reason. I've tried to move the older version from one device to another, but with out any luck. Please concider posting the last few for this reason, until we decide to make a mass upgrade.
Enough with the firmware updates!
I get a firmware update on a major release, but from 4.5 to 4.5.2 and again from 4.5.2 to 4.5.3? This is crazy.
So I'm at a show with a iPad running version 4.5.2 in the cradle with a dead battery. I try to use my spare iPad with version 4.5 running. It won't work, so I upgrade with the only version available on the App Store, 4.5.3. It still won't work, because, oh, of course, there's another firmware upgrade. Now I'm going to be mixing on an iPhone tonight.
You need to either make each version running new firmware a new version number, or find another way to make multiple versions available.
Need PRE and POST for every channel!
It's a very good app and I like a lot, but it need add the function Pre and Post for every individual channel! Please mackie
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 21, 2016
- Version: 4.5.3
- Size: 155 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Loud Technologies, Inc.
- © 2012 Loud Technologies Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.