MacOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience four new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
• Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and center while controls recede into the background.
• Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
• View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
• Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date, or tag using Stacks.
• Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
• Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
• See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
• Rotate an image, create a PDF, and more — right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
• Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
• Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
• Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work, and Play tabs.
• Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections, and videos.
• Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
• Start a personalized station of any artist’s music from the enhanced artist pages.
• Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
• Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets, and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
• Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
• Read Top Stories selected by Apple News editors, trending stories popular with readers, and a customized feed created just for you.
• Keep your favorite topics, channels, and saved stories up to date on your Mac and iOS devices.
• Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
• Browse business news driving the markets curated by Apple News editors.
• Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song, or video.
• Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
• Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
• Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.
The macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update adds support for Apple News+, includes bug fixes and improvements, improves the stability and reliability of your Mac.
• Apple News+ is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers
• Our editors handpick top articles and magazine issues, and you also get personalized recommendations on the topics most interesting to you
• Automatic downloads make it easy to read magazine issues offline
• Apple News is now available in Canada, with a free experience that includes handpicked Top Stories, a personalized Today feed, and support for both English and French
• Apple News+ is available in the U.S. and in Canada, with dozens of additional Canadian magazines
• Adds Dark Mode support for websites that support custom color schemes
• Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill
• Allows push notification prompts only after interacting with a website
• Adds a warning when an insecure webpage is loaded
• Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against cross-site tracking by default
• Shows more editorial highlights on a single page in the Browse tab, making it easier to discover new music, playlists, and more in Apple Music
• Adds support for new AirPods (2nd generation)
• Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK and India
• Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messages
• Supports real-time text (RTT) for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone on Mac
• Provides enhanced support for external GPUs in Activity Monitor
• Fixes an App Store issue that may have prevented adoption of the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, and GarageBand
• Improves the reliability of USB audio devices when used with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini models introduced in 2018
• Corrects the default screen brightness for MacBook Air (Fall 2018)
• Fixes a graphics compatibility issue that may occur on some external displays connected to Mac mini (2018)
• Resolves Wi-Fi connection issues that may occur after upgrading to macOS Mojave
• Fixes an issue where re-adding an Exchange account may cause it to disappear from Internet Accounts
• Fixes an issue where AOL user passwords may be frequently requested in Mail
Ratings and Reviews
The biggest complaint I have is with regard to using the "guest" account. I use the guest account frequently because of exposure from using public wi-fi. However, when I started using Mojave, I found that I can no longer seamlessly switch from guest account to primary account without needing to force restart the computer. When I pick "log out of guest account", the computer goes black, showing the cursor only. Hopefully, this will be corrected in future updates to Mojave.
Please add a toggle on the side pannel for switchin between light and dark mode. It is inconvenient having to go into system settings.
Giving the option for switchin dark mode on/off for specific apps such as mail would also be great.
im super old, like 30, and i can't ever figure out how technology works. I really hope Mojave helps me and works well. I feel like I shouldn't be prompted to rate this product when it first opens... wtfwjd!?
- Apple Inc.
- 6.1 GB
OS X 10.8 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.