MacOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users, but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience four new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
• Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and center while controls recede into the background.
• Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
• View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
• Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date, or tag using Stacks.
• Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
• Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
• See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
• Rotate an image, create a PDF, and more — right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
• Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
• Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
• Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work, and Play tabs.
• Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections, and videos.
• Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
• Start a personalized station of any artist’s music from the enhanced artist pages.
• Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
• Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets, and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
• Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
• Read Top Stories selected by Apple News editors, trending stories popular with readers, and a customized feed created just for you.
• Keep your favorite topics, channels, and saved stories up to date on your Mac and iOS devices.
• Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
• Browse business news driving the markets curated by Apple News editors.
• Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song, or video.
• Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
• Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
• Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.
The macOS Mojave 10.14.5 update improves the stability and reliability of your Mac.
• Adds AirPlay 2 support for sharing videos, photos, music and more from your Mac directly to your AirPlay 2-enabled smart TV
• Adds the ability to follow a magazine from the Apple News+ catalog browsing view
• Improves audio latency on MacBook Pro models introduced in 2018
• Fixes an issue that prevented certain very large OmniOutliner and OmniPlan documents from rendering properly
Ratings and Reviews
The biggest complaint I have is with regard to using the "guest" account. I use the guest account frequently because of exposure from using public wi-fi. However, when I started using Mojave, I found that I can no longer seamlessly switch from guest account to primary account without needing to force restart the computer. When I pick "log out of guest account", the computer goes black, showing the cursor only. Hopefully, this will be corrected in future updates to Mojave.
An improvement over high sierra but be warned the new security permissions have broken alot of applications and programs that requires going into system prefernces then security and privacy and finally privacy then going into accessibilty and granting the full permissions those applications need.
Please add a toggle on the side pannel for switchin between light and dark mode. It is inconvenient having to go into system settings.
Giving the option for switchin dark mode on/off for specific apps such as mail would also be great.
- Apple Inc.
- 6.1 GB
OS X 10.8 or later
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Apple, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.