Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Designed for macOS and iOS devices, macOS Server makes it easy to share files, schedule meetings, synchronize contacts, develop software, host your own website, publish wikis, configure Mac, iPhone, and iPad devices, remotely access your network, and more.
macOS Server is an application you can add to macOS right from the Mac App Store. Anyone can quickly and easily turn a Mac into a server that’s perfect for home offices, businesses, schools, developers, and hobbyists alike.
Here’s what you’ll get with macOS Server:
• File sharing for Mac, PC, iPhone and iPad
• Standards-based SMB, AFP, and WebDAV file services
• Flexible file permissions
• Spotlight searching
• Mobile device management for Mac and iOS devices
• Simplified management and deployment of iOS and macOS.
• Distribution of institution licensed apps and books purchased from the Volume Purchase Program to users or devices
• Install Software Updates on devices running iOS 10 and mac OS 10.12.
• Device Enrollment Program integration
• Web-based administration console
• Self-service user portal for clearing passcodes, remote lock, and remote wipe
• Speed up the download of software distributed by Apple
• Locally cache apps, books, iTunes U, software updates, and macOS Recovery images
• Accelerate the download of iCloud data, including documents in iCloud Drive and photos.
• Fault-tolerant design with multiserver cache replication and load balancing
• No client configuration required
• Use Xcode to create continuous integration bots that build, analyze, and test on any Mac running macOS Server
• Configure bots to integrate at a specific time, or continually as code is committed to the repository
• Automate testing of macOS and iOS apps, executing on multiple connected iOS devices
• Host your own Git repositories on macOS Server or connect to remote Git or Subversion hosts
• Remotely access detailed integration summaries and nightly builds using the Web interface
• Provide a backup destination for Mac computers on your network
• Monitor which computers have backed up, when they last backed up, and size of backup
• Set limits on the amount of Time Machine storage a user can use
• Share calendars, schedule meetings and events, and book conference rooms
• Standards-based CalDAV server for access from Mac, iPad, iPhone, and PC
• View availability with free/busy lookups
• Email invitations and push notifications
• Synchronize contacts with Mac, iPad, and iPhone
• Allow multiple users to access and update contacts
• Standards-based CardDAV server
• Point-and-click page edit to change formatting and insert images, movies, and attachments
• Access controls
• Tags and comments
• Revision history
• Document sharing
• Quick Look previews
• Standards-based SMTP, IMAP, and POP server
• Push notifications
• SSL encryption
• Adaptive junk mail filtering
• Virus detection and quarantine
Virtual Private Network
• Remote access for your network services
• Encrypted VPN connections for Mac, iPad, iPhone, and PC
• Block-level SAN file sharing with concurrent read/write access
• Xsan volume hosting and configuration
• Volume management, storage pooling, stripping, and volume mapping
• Real-time monitoring, graphs, and event notifications
• Metadata controller failover and file system journaling
• Local and remote management
• Users and group settings
• View real-time graphs of server usage
• Receive alerts on network changes, certificate expiration, storage usage, and more
Some features require an Apple ID and/or compatible Internet access; additional fees and terms apply. Some features require macOS 10.12. Some features require program enrollment. Some features are not available in all countries.
What's New in Version 5.3.1
• Fixes issues with VPP app assignment in Profile Manager
Version 5.3.1 stuck in “updating services"
Upgraded to 5.3.1 when the new app update came out. Now server is stuck on “updating services” and never completes even after upgrading to MacOS 10.12.5. Very unhappy with the latest update.
I have to use El Capitan and no complatible version of Server.
Server 5.2 runs on El Capitan. Because of release issues with iOS, I HAVE TO build under Mac OS 10.11.6. Server 5.3.1 will not install on this. I need Server 5.2 that will. YOU CAN NOT DOWNLOAD IT.
Apple has screwed us by forcing this server update and not allowing an install of 5.2. This prevents use of Server for us. Madly infuriating.
Server app WORKS GREAT after update
I had a Server update and a macOS update at the same time.
I keep on reading reviews saying that the server gets stuck after update, and I don't understand why…
What I did was shut off all the services that I was running, and then completely quit the server application once all the services stopped.
Then I updated my mac first; once it completed and booted back up, I updated the server app while all the services were STILL turned off.
Once it finished installing all the new server updates, I opened the updated server app and BAM! 100% updated!
Then I just turned back on the services that I was using and had already configured, and they were all 100% up and running properly.
I’ve NEVER had a server crash after any type of macOS or Server update.
Maybe people arent updating their server/machine properly?
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 15, 2017
- Version: 5.3.1
- Size: 198 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: macOS 10.12.4 or later