By Sabina Technology, LLP
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The MaculaTester® - A New Way to Monitor Visual Function!
Diseases that affect the macula (the center of the retina) including macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy are the main causes of blindness worldwide. The best defense against these macular diseases is early detection.
This simple test of your vision can alert you to early changes that may indicate a problem with your macula caused by diabetes or macular degeneration.
The MaculaTester (Pat. No. 8,047,652), is an INTERACTIVE version of the Amsler Grid - the standard test used by eye doctors to test macular function for over 50 years.
Image distortion is often the first visual change that patients notice when the condition is starting or advancing. Since the distortion can be subtle and difficult to notice at first, the Amsler Grid is used to help detect it as early as possible - while it is still treatable.
Most doctors give their patients a card with an Amsler Grid to test themselves at home between eye exams. Unfortunately, many patients loose it or forget to use it.
The MaculaTester performs the same function as the Amsler Grid but with several distinct advantages:
1) It is interactive - allowing you to record the area of distortion by touching the screen. The recorded image is saved with date and time so you can show it to your doctor, as well as compare to previous images to look for any changes.
2) It resides on your iPhone/iPod Touch - so you won't lose it.
3) Our free "push notification" feature reminds you to perform the test at regular intervals - so you won't forget to use it.
-CHECK OUT THE VIDEO DEMONSTRATION ON OUR WEBSITE - www.maculatester.com.
- This app is intended for use only as an early screening test for macular dysfunction. It is not designed or intended to be used as a tool to diagnose macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy or any other disease process. This test is not a substitute for an examination by a qualified eye care professional.
What's New in Version 1.3
- updated push notification infrastructure