By using some 300 photos and 22,000 words MADRID’S BEST offers a detailed travel guide for your city break. Explore key NEIGHBOURHOODS; get detailed info on SIGHTS and ACTIVITIES; follow key ITINERARIES; and benefit from lots of suggestions of where to EAT, DRINK and find ENTERTAINMENT. And since we are fully-independent our recommendations are not adverts!
Madrid has emerged from relative obscurity over the past 20 years to gain an increasing reputation as a fascinating and highly enjoyable city-break destination.
If you are an art fan there are few better places than the Spanish capital with the stand-out attractions of the Prado, Reina Sofia and the Thyssen-Bornemisza art galleries ably supported by a host of other lesser known, but fascinating museums.
The historic core of the old city, the extravagant opulence of the Palacio Real and the gargantuan splendour of the Santiago Bernabéu stadium, home to 13-time European Cup winners Real Madrid are just some of the other attractions that make Madrid an enticing destination.
More than anything else, however, Madrid is a city to be savoured and enjoyed by wandering its streets, hanging out in the bars and cafés, sampling the tapas, dancing the night away and generally living life to the full, just like its inhabitants, the madrileños.
APP FEATURE: TRIP PLANNING
Key before-you-go information, including:
• Costs & Money
• Seasons, Festivals & Events
APP FEATURE: NEIGHBOURHOODS
The lowdown on city neighbourhoods:
• Royal Madrid
• Chueca & Malasaña
• Lavapiés & around
• Outside the Centre
• Paseo del Arte & Retiro
• Argüelles & Moncloa
• Barrio de Salamanca
• Sol & Huertas
APP FEATURE: ITINERARIES & WALKS
With instructions and transport links:
• Madrid Day One
• Madrid Day Two
APP FEATURE: SIGHTS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Backgrounders and practical advice on:
• Kids & Families
APP FEATURE: LISTINGS
Recommendations of where to eat, drink, shop and more:
• Bars & Cafés
• Music, Theatre & Cinema
• Shops & Shopping
• Tapas Bars
APP FEATURE: TECHNICAL:
• One-click website LINKS.
• One-click PHONE CALLS (on phones).
• NAVIGATE quickly using the app's global search; internal hyperlinks, and its many images.
• LOCATION info (using your device's GPS).
• Detailed MAPS and the ability to ADD YOUR OWN markers.
• Save and share FAVOURITES.
• Easily CONTACT the author.
• The entire contents of Madrid’s Best is freely available by installing above. The only restrictions are that this will only work when you are online and only with intermittent ads.
• An IN-APP PURCHASE eliminates all ads and allows you to take all the content (except maps) offline.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Born in Madrid to Spanish/Irish parents, Patrick López has dedicated much of his life to discovering the delights of the Spanish capital, from treading the galleries of its world-renowned art museums to hanging out in it tapas bars and cafés. In his spare time he enjoys cycling in the woods and mountains surrounding Madrid.
* Icon graphic credit: ©PromoMadrid, author Alfredo Urdaci (https://www.flickr.com/photos/promomadrid/5781943786/)
Ratings and Reviews
Worth a try
The best app on Madrid that I found in the AppStore.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.