A revolution in user-managed health and fitness.
The MAF app was created by Dr. Philip Maffetone, an internationally-acclaimed health expert, clinician and researcher who has published over 20 books on the topics of healthy living, fat loss, fitness, and human performance. For 40 years, Dr. Maffetone has continued to bring cutting-edge health and fitness advances to coaches, athletes, healthcare professionals, and all individuals around the world.
The MAF app helps you create your personalized 30-day health and fitness plan:
- A set of surveys that trigger a personalized set of ‘actions’ you can take to improve your health and fitness.
- Integration with your bluetooth-compatible heart rate monitor. Use the ‘exercise’ function on our app to keep your heart rate at a level that quickly develops your aerobic fitness to improve fat-burning.
- A ‘MAF Test’ function that determines the initial condition of your aerobic fitness, and tracks your fitness development across time.
- Evaluation of ‘Carbohydrate Intolerance’ (CI) to determine whether the ‘Two-Week Test’ is right for you.
Bugs fixes and minor enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Apple Watch compatible? (Doesn't appear to be)
Just downloaded this morning and did the surveys. With chronic Epstein Barr and Lyme there is no surprise (really, none -- I have all the bloodwork and doc data to back it up) that I'm in the shape I'm in. So, while the surveys seemed "lite" they are definitely accurate. I'm trying to figure out how to sync the app to Apple Health, or use the heart rate monitor on my Apple Watch -- neither of these appears possible (yet?). I just don't want to buy more equipment. My other tracking software works with the Watch. Maybe it's not accurate enough, but it's more accurate than the two other HR monitors I've used in the past. Wishlist please? Congrats on getting the app out -- I've been awaiting it and curious about how it would work. 4 stars for now. I hope to upgrade to 5 later. Thank you!
Has great promise!
I have been looking forward to this app for months. Had even hoped to be a beta tester. Love the surveys, although some seem overly binary and maybe need some increases in nuanced analysis. Loved finding my MAF rate set 10 higher than the simple age formula. Feels right. I was disappointed the first try to connect with a Wahoo TickerX - which feeds Ant+ and BLE data simultaneously, covering the Garmin Watch and the MAF App together. Couldn't do it. Tried a Scosche Rhythm - also a no go. Only a Polar H7 would pair. Bummer for the Garmin watch. Two chest straps seems ridiculous. Well today the TickerX connected right up!! Hooray! Looking forward to getting this app into application.
I was excited to see the app as I was interested to try the MAF method. Unfortunately there are lots of issues. I use a waist belt for my phone. When I start most apps I press go and start and they will go through the warm up and continue with the workout. I tried to do the first MAF test with no luck. I accidentally saved the session but it had no data. There was no way to delete the test. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the data remained. The other thing is the app will not play nice with other audio. If you have a podcast or music going it pauses it instead of lowering the volume during the cues like other apps. It needs work before I would use this app as a reliable tool to learn MAF training.
- MAFF FITNESS PTY LTD
- 108 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 MAFF Fitness Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.