By Yonac Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Magellan is the bold new professional analog modeling synthesizer for the iPad & iPad Mini. Not content with just one synth, we gave Magellan TWO independent polyphonic synth engines. Individually or together, they deliver a new powerful warmth to the sound of iOS music.
Complete with a full FX rack, a total of six oscillators, dual filters per engine, multiple unison stages, extensive modulation matrix, dedicated arps, powerful MIDI capabilities, and a polyphonic step-sequencer - the aural possibilities with Magellan are infinite!
Check out our awesome Magellan vids! www.youtube.com/YonacSoftware
\\\ Synth ///
• 2 independent virtual analog synth engines running simultaneously
• 3 oscillators per synth engine; total of 6 realtime oscillators
• Osc unison stage w/ adjustable detune & width, up to 24 simultaneous wave generators for supersaw effect
• Realtime PWM Modulation for osc 1 & 2
• FM module w/ dedicated blend, ADSR envelope, adjustable contour
• Oscillator 2>1 ring modulation
• Noise generator w/ adjustable tone
• VCA ADSR envelope
• Separate voice unison stage w/ settable stereo spread, detune
• Dual Keyboards w/ individual pitch & modulation wheels
• Dual Touch Pad controls w/ settable key & scale & note-snapping, individual voice parameterization
• Polyphonic, Monophonic, Poly/Mono Legato operation modes
• Matrixpad modulation w/ configurable x/y destinations, synth out select, optional snapback
• Realtime oscilloscope (iPad 2 & newer)
• Synth coupling - run both synths by one control interface
• Inter-App Audio
• Audio backgrounding
• Tap tempo
• 20 voice combined polyphony (10 voice combined for iPad 1)
\\\ Filters ///
• 2 filter banks per synth engine, configurable in series or parallel
• Dedicated ADSR envelope for each bank; selectable envelope curve, adjustable contour & tracking
• 11 Filter types for each bank:
• "Magellan" 24dB Resonant LP
• "Victor" 24dB Resonant L/H/B Pass
• "Voyvoda" 12dB L/H/B Pass
• Formant, Comb, All-Pass, Notch filters
• True bypass
\\\ Modulation ///
• Dual LFO's per synth
• 4 freely assignable destinations per LFO
• Dedicated amp setting for each destination
• 3 reset modes
• Adjustable phase & delay
• Frequency tracking
\\\ Arp ///
• Dedicated arp in each synth engine
• 10 arp patterns; Settable note value & gate; swing
• 6 octaving modes, settable note and octave repeats
\\\ Sequencer ///
• Analog inspired 16/32 step polyphonic sequencer
• 8 track poly out per pattern in 16-step, 4 track poly out in 32-step "link" mode
• Trackwise selection of target synth engine
• Settable pitch, velocity, gate, octave per step
• 6 sequence algorithms for each pattern
• Timeline for creating song length sequences w/ patterns
• Share or bounce song files containing sequences
\\\ Chordmaker ///
• Dedicated Chordmaker module for each synth
• Create/save chord progressions; play by pressing a single key
\\\ FX ///
• Comprehensive FX rack: EQ, Compressor, Reverb, Stereo Delay w/ BPM sync, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Waveshaper, Bitcrusher, Expander
• Configurable FX signal flow
\\\ Record & Share ///
• Tape deck for recording app audio
• Export via email, SoundCloud
• Export/Import via WiFi, Copy/Past, Sonoma
• Audiobus for Input or FX slot
\\\ MIDI ///
• CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
• Individually configurable synth MIDI In & Out ports
• Keyboard splitting
• Control Magellan w/ external MIDI controllers
• MIDI Learn w/ 350+ destinations
• Sync w/ external MIDI clocks - control sequencer or arp
• Share Magellan MIDI CC maps
\\\ Presets ///
• Over 300 factory presets
• 2 banks & song designed by Sunsine Audio
• Share presets, banks via email or iTunes; Save unlimited banks & presets
• SPAWN - use SPAWN's artificial intelligence to automatically create amazing new sounds
What's New in Version 3.0
• Inter-App Audio: use Magellan 3.0 as an instrument plugin with Inter-App Audio compatible hosts
• Completely updated & tested for iOS 7!
New, more powerful MIDI framework we designed from ground up, with features including:
• Faster MIDI I/O handling
• Inter-App Audio MIDI support
• Keyboard splitting with settable split in channel, left/right out note ranges, learn & invert
• Improved MIDI-UI interaction
• Import/Export Magellan MIDI CC Maps
• Individual MIDI Out channels for the synth engines
• Individual MIDI In on/off toggles for the synth engines
Many improvements and new features, including:
• Master FX mix
• Increased max polyphony to 10 per-engine for iPad 2 or newer
• Envelope curve selection for VCA and FM envelopes
• Extended octave range for Osc 3 with key tracking off
• Direct one-touch access to either synth engine's control panels, arp or chordmaker
• Continuously settable filters tracking
• 59 new modulation outlets for the XY-pad and the modwheels
• Presets now save BPM data
• BPM Lock feature: specifies if you want BPM data to be loaded with a preset
• Bounce whole sequences or individual patterns to audio via Song Library -> Export
• Adjustable touch-velocity sensitivity
• Preset & Bank renaming
• A new free preset bank ("Boleskine")
• Target-foreground-synth mode for the XY-pad
• One-touch waveform selection
• Continuously adjustable knob response: set to "Fine" to make precise adjustments to a knob-controlled parameter
• Many other UI improvements
Introducing In-App Purchasing (iOS 6 or later):
• New professional preset packs available for purchase within Magellan's Store
• Atlantic - 65 new presets from Yonac Inc.
• The Explorer Series from Sunsine Audio - available as individual 64 preset packs or one bundle of 192 presets
• Updates to latest Audiobus & Sonoma SDKs
• Many other improvements
Top Notch App
Excellent preset sounds with fairly priced in app purchase upgrades. All of these are very customizable making the sonorous possibilities almost endless, the spawn option is there if you don't feel like tinkering. This app is also strong with other apps via inter app audio and audiobus, I use it with Tabletop and Beatmaker all the time. MIDI works great and using my keyboard as the input makes this app basically a full fledged synthesizer. This app is as good as any I have of have seen and at half the price of one like Animoog.
Suggestions: Make the scales even more customizable beyond well tempered harmony to include microtonal and non well tempered scales. Please make the black and white keyboard have a customizable option for sliding expressivity for dynamics and sound parameters without need for the wheel or the awesome pad input. Finally please include more visual sound customizing similar to what Animoog and iKaosilator do. If you guys keep updating with more features instead of just more in app purchases (Awesome as they may be) this will be the best synth app in y opinion. Thanks.
Tight Competition in the 3-OSC Market
Bottom line first, this is a monster app with great, fat sounds double engine and fantastic spawning ability.
There are many synths out there in the store, and in the realm of the 3-oscillator kind there are 3 apps that get my vote. Magellan is one of them.
Magellan is a great synth and has two particular things that that the other two contenders (Thor and Cassini) lack. Double synth engines and Spawn.
Magellan has this great ability to have two synth engines, each one with its own oscillators, filters, effects and arps. The closest comparo would be Thor's multi osc synth and that's it.
Spawning it a great tool for when you are feeling adventurous or are in a hurry to create a new sound. That is not even possible in the other two.
So, if you want big fat sounds and ability to morph a sound with a press of a button, then stop here and get this.
The keyboard options alone make this app stand out.. Split into vertical octaves, have always wondered why other apps didn't have it, finally found it in Magellan, and the sounds engine is deep and varied. I haven't even begun to try to figure out the sequencing and many other levels of this app yet.. Been jamming on it a week or so, only came back looking for a manual or something to figure out more..
One thing with the keyboard, sometimes I'm inclined to stagger those octaves in chromatic mode, you know, by fifth or something, would be a comfy way for guitarists, violinists to get all the notes.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 18, 2013
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 32.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yonac Inc.
- © 2012 Yonac Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Magellan's Atlantic Preset Expansion Pack$0.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 1-3 Preset Bundle$4.99
- New Wave Presets - Mega Pack I$4.99
- New Wave Presets - Mega Pack II$4.99
- New Wave Presets - Chiptune Pack$4.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 3 Preset Expansion Pack$1.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 1 Preset Expansion Pack$1.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 2 Preset Expansion Pack$1.99