By Andrew Yates
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
This is an unofficial Mac app for Beanstalk, the easy to use Subversion/GIT repository web app. This app allows you to deploy to environments set up within your Beanstalk account straight from your Macs Status Bar.
What this app does...
- Allows you to deploy to environments from your Status Bar.
- Shows you the status of Magic Bean initiated deployments.
- Growl/Notification Center notifications for all deployments across your Beanstalk account.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Notification Center Support
- Mercurial support (ready for Beanstalk Deployments)
- Now uses JSON API rather than XML
- Label distinguishing automatic/manual environment deployments
This app was awesome for a long time. It suddenly stopped working. I am not sure if it is a change at beanstalk or some update to OSX that is at fault but it doesn't work anymore. I have several macs, it has broken on all - across the board. Everything works until I hit deploy, then I get a beach ball for 2 seconds then the app crashes and disappears from my menu bar. I sent a support request (actually 2) to ask what's going on and got NOTHING back. This would have five stars if it still worked - or at least a word on when it will be fixed - but it doesn't so .. 1.
Notifications don't work
I guess it's nice to be able to deploy from your menu bar, and to list recent revisions, but without notifications this doesn't have much of an advantage over just going to the Beanstalk website.