By Wizards of the Coast
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
MORE CARDS. MORE STRATEGY. BIGGER STORY. Collect 1,300+ earnable cards, battle in 60+ single-player campaign missions, and emerge victorious in epic online duels.
Never played Magic: The Gathering? Learn how as you take on the role of an iconic Planeswalker. Veteran Magic player? Hone your skills and match wits with opponents online.
NEW CARDS: 158 NEW unique cards from Magic's Amonkhet set.
NEW STORY: A NEW story-driven Amonkhet Campaign.
NEW ITEMS: Customize your play experience with 6 new cards sleeves and 5 new personas.
MANY WAYS TO PLAY: Experience some of Magic's most iconic moments in Story Mode, head to Battle Mode to take on your friends, or grab a partner for a four-player Two-Headed Giant battle.
BUILD POWERFUL DECKS: Build your deck of devastating spells from an ever-growing library of earnable cards.
PRACTICE OFFLINE: Hone your skills and try new decks and strategies against virtually endless AI opponents in Solo Mode.
For Magic Duels game support, please visit:
* Русский (Russian)
* 日本語 (Japanese)
* 한국어 (Korean)
* 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
* 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
What's New in Version 1.7.0
• Fixed an issue where players would be able to play with an invalid number of a single card in their deck.
• Fixed an issue against the AI where the "Finish" button would not be selectable after casting some spells.
• Fixed a softlock that occurred when a player manually tapped certain lands for mana, then zoomed in and out on a card before making a selection of which color of mana to add.
• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from leaving a match when an opponent conceded when a vehicle prompted a player to choose a vehicle's crew targets.
• Fixed an issue where some lands would disappear from the card collection after being removed from a deck list.
• Fixed an issue where Altered Ego would enter the battlefield with the incorrect number of +1/+1 counters if it targeted a creature with +1/+1 counters on it.
• Fixed an issue where a player targeted by Combustible Gearhulk's ability would not have a visible decision timer.
• Fixed an issue where it appeared that Ormendahl, Profane Prince was tapped after transforming from Westvale Abbey.
• Fixed an issue where Nissa's Judgment dealt damage before the +1/+1 counters were placed on creatures.
• Fixed an issue where a token copy of Greenwarden of Murasa could be exiled to return a card a card to a player's hand.
• Fixed an issue where spells redirected from Silverfur Partisan to another Wolf/Werewolf failed to cause the Partisan's ability to trigger again.
• Fixed an issue where some cards that have flying or grant flying didn't appear in the "Flying" filter of the deck builder.
• Fixed an issue when editing an invalid deck that would bring the player to the wrong deckbuilding screen.
• Fixed an issue in the single-player campaign where Tezzeret would sometimes sacrifice his Planar Bridge to destroy Gideon Jura. That's excessive, even for him.
• Fixed an issue on iOS where some players would crash upon entering a Versus match or a match with some kinds of decks.
Needs better AI and deck draws
Pretty fun game! I like the cards, the deck building, the battles and online format! Its great to get to be able play when I can't get my friends together or have some unexpected down time. Crashes are rare which is better than other Magic app games. There is an issue when switching from wifi to data that makes you reconnect to the server which can result in crashed games.
There is so much I don't like though! The cloud sync is delayed, so switching between devices sometimes messes things up. The board view leaves too much out of view. I can't easily see how many lands I have in play or whats in my graveyard. Also, zooming in on cards in my hand puts an arrow (to scroll through all cards) right over the power/toughness in the lower corner! I can't see it and that annoys me. Its little things like that leading me to wonder if there was any evaluation done before release.
The "hard" level is pretty ridiculous though. Instead of a smarter AI with better game play, the deck draw is simply heavily skewed against you. I just played two "hard" solo battles that I lost because I drew NOTHING but lad after first hand. 9-11 turns IN A ROW with nothing but land. A couple games before that? It was about that many hands with nothing but spells and instants, no creatures OR lands for turn after turn after turn. I had 3 lands the entire game!! That's frustrating and stupid and in no way right or fun and not even close to fair.
Magic when you don't have time for magic...
Below is my review of the game but I just read they will no longer update so I am very dispointed...keep updating!
I don't write a lot of reviews but after reading the others for MTG I had to put in my two cents. I was an avid Magic player from Alpha through Apocalypse but sold off my collection when I found I just couldn't get away from the family to go out and play. I was happy to find this app. I have found very few glitches in game play. Many of the things others are saying about slow connection have not happened to me. The game runs very smooth and does a good job simulating real play. Yes, the AI is pretty predictable but those saying the AI is unfair will need to work on their deck building skills. Not sure why some are saying it doesn't shuffle right. The trick is playing against real people and that is great. If you're just getting into the game now, and want to catch up on old sets, it will take you a long time without spending a lot of real cash.
A couple of criticisms I have is that you can't get all the cards from the set and they limit the number of uncommon (3), rare (2), and ultra rare (1) cards you can collect. That being said, I do understand MTG's main goal is to have you play their actual game and purchase real packs of cards. I just don't have time for that any more...
I love Magic, I've been playing for years, and likewise I was extremely excited to see an app. Finding people to play with is difficult in real life, and even then it's expensive to buy cards. This game, however, only met a few of my expectations. Sometimes a player is only as good as their cards, and sometimes it's the other way around; though the rank system infuriates me. When you open a booster you only get 6 cards, which would be fine if earning money was worthwhile. In my many hours I have only played someone of my rank once or twice. You'll most likely be matched against someone rank 10+ when you're like rank 2. I've been put against someone rank 43 at rank 3. These players have better cards, more skill, and overall more time in the game. It takes your ability to make any money, which in turn takes your ability to buy new cards. What upsets me is it seems like they're just trying to get you to pay for in game money so you can hope to do better instead of fairly setting up an enjoyable game. I only play solo because of how bad the rank system is. The game is good, bugs are constantly being worked out, but it has some problems that can easily change your desire to even play.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 15, 2017
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 2.25 GB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Wizards of the Coast LLC
- Magic, Magic Duels, their respective logos, and character names and distinctive likenesses are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC. ©2015 Wizards.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 1250 Coins$9.99
- 7500 Coins$39.99
- 3750 Coins$24.99
- 500 Coins$4.99
- 150 Coins$1.99