By Wizards of the Coast
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MORE CARDS. MORE STRATEGY. BIGGER STORY. Collect 1,300+ earnable cards, battle in 60+ single-player campaign missions, and emerge victorious in epic online duels.
Never played Magic: The Gathering? Learn how as you take on the role of an iconic Planeswalker. Veteran Magic player? Hone your skills and match wits with opponents online.
NEW CARDS: 158 NEW unique cards from Magic's Amonkhet set.
NEW STORY: A NEW story-driven Amonkhet Campaign.
NEW ITEMS: Customize your play experience with 6 new cards sleeves and 5 new personas.
MANY WAYS TO PLAY: Experience some of Magic's most iconic moments in Story Mode, head to Battle Mode to take on your friends, or grab a partner for a four-player Two-Headed Giant battle.
BUILD POWERFUL DECKS: Build your deck of devastating spells from an ever-growing library of earnable cards.
PRACTICE OFFLINE: Hone your skills and try new decks and strategies against virtually endless AI opponents in Solo Mode.
For Magic Duels game support, please visit:
* Русский (Russian)
* 日本語 (Japanese)
* 한국어 (Korean)
* 简体中文 (Simplified Chinese)
* 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese)
What's New in Version 1.7.0
• Fixed an issue where players would be able to play with an invalid number of a single card in their deck.
• Fixed an issue against the AI where the "Finish" button would not be selectable after casting some spells.
• Fixed a softlock that occurred when a player manually tapped certain lands for mana, then zoomed in and out on a card before making a selection of which color of mana to add.
• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented a player from leaving a match when an opponent conceded when a vehicle prompted a player to choose a vehicle's crew targets.
• Fixed an issue where some lands would disappear from the card collection after being removed from a deck list.
• Fixed an issue where Altered Ego would enter the battlefield with the incorrect number of +1/+1 counters if it targeted a creature with +1/+1 counters on it.
• Fixed an issue where a player targeted by Combustible Gearhulk's ability would not have a visible decision timer.
• Fixed an issue where it appeared that Ormendahl, Profane Prince was tapped after transforming from Westvale Abbey.
• Fixed an issue where Nissa's Judgment dealt damage before the +1/+1 counters were placed on creatures.
• Fixed an issue where a token copy of Greenwarden of Murasa could be exiled to return a card a card to a player's hand.
• Fixed an issue where spells redirected from Silverfur Partisan to another Wolf/Werewolf failed to cause the Partisan's ability to trigger again.
• Fixed an issue where some cards that have flying or grant flying didn't appear in the "Flying" filter of the deck builder.
• Fixed an issue when editing an invalid deck that would bring the player to the wrong deckbuilding screen.
• Fixed an issue in the single-player campaign where Tezzeret would sometimes sacrifice his Planar Bridge to destroy Gideon Jura. That's excessive, even for him.
• Fixed an issue on iOS where some players would crash upon entering a Versus match or a match with some kinds of decks.
This game has great potential but....
This game is many negatives and still it is MTG. The New version has slowed it down more and the game still doesn't mimic a real shuffle very well. So most of the time you will starve for either mana or creatures. The assisted deck builder should be removed and in mach chat would be nice. Or something to buzz the others device. " hay buddy its your turn GO..." maybe just a rematch button. This game will frustrate you to no end but its MTG and worth the patience. Im sure the gods will eventually show these fool designers how to make a competent game. I wouldn't put money into the game until booster are full booster sizes. 6 cards wow really. I hope someone cares enough to fix the issues the game has. Like crashes every 4th game or a zoom so you can read the cards. (Currently the zoom is ok but you find yourself squinting on wordy-cards). Oh last thing Watch out for match vs battle where your lvl 2 and they are 17. You just know someone already has the advantage. Maybe give extra life to the little guy.
Not bad, but needs a few fixes
First of all, the currency needs adjusting. When you can beat an entire campaign while only being able to earn credits from each story once, and you don't have enough cash to buy even half of the cards in just ONE of the seven sets. That's a problem. You can only earn about 30 credits per online game (a horribly low amount in the game). It could take months to get just that one card you're looking for out of one of the sets. Also, only online matches should require wifi. The other stuff has no reason for requiring wifi. It's offline battles against a CPU. Other than that though, the game mechanics are fantastic and I love it. The deck edit works very well. Two headed giant is a great feature. The campaign stories are the best stories I've ever gotten from an app. The duel steps work great and the tips are great for new and experienced players.
Overall a good way to play MTG
Great way for beginners or rusty players to learn the complexities of MTG. Good for people like me who don't have a lot of time to play with my real cards or friends who enjoy it. Would be nice to allow some form of chat or friending of some kind. There's been many games where it would have been nice to compliment someone's choice or deck build.
I do like that you don't have to pay for cards if you don't want to, and if you complete the daily quests you can slowly but surely increase your collection. Giving a higher coin amount for the story mode games so that you can start with a bigger collection would be nice, as it can be frustrating when you are faced off versus people with decks full of rares and planes walkers. Over all I've enjoyed it.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 26, 2017
- Version: 1.7.0
- Size: 2.25 GB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Wizards of the Coast LLC
- Magic, Magic Duels, their respective logos, and character names and distinctive likenesses are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC. ©2015 Wizards.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- 1250 Coins$9.99
- 7500 Coins$39.99
- 3750 Coins$24.99
- 500 Coins$4.99
- 150 Coins$1.99