OpenStreetMap, 3D and Satellite maps, Turn-by-turn navigation, Crowd-sourced Traffic, Transit and Offline maps. Entirely free and CarPlay compatible.
– 3D maps
– Satellite maps
– Add Points-of-Interest (POIs)
– Car Navigation
– CarPlay Support
– Head-up Display
– Lane Guidance
– Multiple Stops
– Road Signs
– Speed Cameras
– Speed Warnings
– Pedestrian Navigation
– Bicycle Navigation
– Alternative routes
– Avoid traffic
– Updated every minute
– Public transportation: Bus, Train, Tram, Subway and Ferry
– Walking directions
– Transfer times, departure times, number of stops
– Public transportation cost
– Wheelchair friendly
– Bike friendly
– No mobile internet costs
– Navigate without internet
– Country maps
– Regional maps
AND LAST, BUT NOT LEAST
– 3D Touch
– Support for Apple Watch
* Some features not available in all countries.
* Some features require internet connection.
* This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease device battery life.
• Search Cache button: now there is the option to return to previous search results after presenting a POI on the map in CarPlay.
• Favourites can be access also in navigation in CarPlay.
• Keyboard is no longer obstructing search results in CarPlay. New view is presented with the results when pressing the Search button.
• Layout adjustments for the Watch application were made.
• GPS fixed when Safety Lens active.
• Various other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A decent Navi app with a little thing off
I have tried different offline map navigation app, and this is by far the best I have found in my opinion. I don’t need to pay some sort of “premium” for some unworthy features like traffic or lane assistance (like Sygic). Or there might be some commercial popping up when I need to navigate. It really is free and easy to use.
The only problem I have encountered so far is that it sometimes guides me to frontage road and back to freeway when there is no heavy traffic or accidents along the freeway. That’s really bizarre. This could be misleading in some ways. The developer team need to find out why it happened and fix it. Because it would cause unnecessary wasting time.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are happy that you like Magic Earth, our completely free navigation software. To check the problem that you brought to our attention, please send us some examples of routes on which you experienced this issue. You can email us at email@example.com. Thanks and hope to hear from you. All the best!
Teetering on the brink of greatness.
As someone who likes to drive for fun, Magic Earth is phenomenal. The combination of topo data with satellite imagery looks stunning on my carplay display, and makes finding winding hillclimbs and valley switchbacks a joy. It is so close to being all-conquering I don't want the following criticism to dissuade anyone from trying it. Download it. It's stunning. That said...
There are some minor things that drive me nuts:
- I can't access the settings menu while plugged into carplay. Yeah safety etc but even while stationary I can't seem to, for example, change map type without un-carplaying and going to the menu.
- The route numbers on roads are TINY! The road names are a squiggly font. Not readable.
- I wish it could store more data on my device for using satellite and topo map. I have a top end iPhone, I'd happily assign 50gb to this app but alas, it is capped at like... 3gb? It's not 2012 anymore.
- A real-time compass would be welcome. Not just showing "N" when you are going north, but a proper compass. Compasses are good.
Top1 in Class
I have been using this company’s navigation in nearly 20 countries and 6 United States since 2007 (Route66, Navigate and finally Magic Earth). The good part is the city center and suburban roads selected by the application are always reasonable and had the best views in a touristic road trip. It is the excellent and number 1 application for navigation. I wish Safety Lens could be used without extra hardware with only camera and internet connection.
Developer Response ,
Hello and thanks for sharing your opinion on Magic Earth with us. Your positive feedback motivates us in our mission to build the best free navigation app yet. As for the Advanced Driver Assistance features, these are enabled only if Magic Earth is used together with our Safety Lens product. You can take advantage of the promotional prices currently available on our website. For more info, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- General Magic GmbH
- 118.9 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015-2018 General Magic
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.