Magic Number – A Better Calculator
By Seed Ltd.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Finally, an intelligent calculator you will enjoy.
• A better view of your calculation.
• More intuitive to enter and edit.
• Easier for everyday use.
• More capable for advanced problems.
Seeing is everything:
• Your calculation is beautifully and mathematically formatted.
Everything is easier to understand.
• You see the whole expression. You are less likely to make mistakes.
• To see it bigger, just resize the window.
• You also have extensive viewing options.
Enter naturally and quickly:
• Enter the way you see it.
For example: 2 sin 9 + 3
On a typical calculator, you enter: 2 x 9 sin + 3
On others, you enter: 2 * sin(9) + 3
On Magic Number: 2 sin 9 + 3
• Lots of easy and convenient shortcuts.
• Yes, you can press X to multiply.
Edit without thinking:
• It’s faster and easier than any editor!
• Made a mistake? Just click and type over it.
• You can navigate with just the left or right arrow keys.
• To insert, press alt-left or alt-right.
• You can work with any type of numbers:
fractions, percentages, and even complex numbers.
• You can do time calculations, e.g.
8:30 + 0:45 = 9:15
• Magic Number can solve linear algebraic equations.
Enter: 100 – ? = 55. Result: ? = 45
Enter: 240 – ? % = 192. Result: ? = 20
• With ‘History’, you can reuse previous calculations.
• Use ‘Data’ to add a list of numbers quickly.
Lots of useful features:
• Over 100 functions
• 25 digits accuracy
• 10 memories (variables)
• 4 customizable tax rates
• Over 50 scientific constants
• Statistics (via ‘Data’)
• Linear regression (via ‘2D-data’)
• Matrix (Inverse, determinant, linear equations via Gauss-Jordan Elimination)
Magic Number is a rich app. It’s hard to cover everything here. For a more comprehensive overview, go to our website:
If you have question, suggestion, or problem, feel free to email us at:
We’d love to hear from you.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
• B is for Business
• E is for Engineering
• S is for Solver
• T is for Time
– Best tax features for business
– Engineering notation, SI Prefix, and more
– Solve more equations and problems
– Time calculations: You can do it in seconds.
And of course, refined with love for OS X Yosemite.
Best Calculator Ever
I use Excel these days for most of my calculations so the “calculator” seems like a forgotten tool but something led me to try Magic Numbers anyway and I’m so glad I did. It really is strangly joyful to use. First, functionally it just gets the job done without any hesitation, learning curve, or stupid work arounds. It also looks good doing the job … the way it illustrates/paints your formulas to the screen are not just pretty (although they certainly are pretty) but also help to really cement the semantics of the math you’re trying to calculate. Finally the ability to export these formula to other communication mediums easily and painlessly is a thoughtful touch.
I’m sure there are parts of the functionality which I have not yet touched on but everything I’ve touched so far has been a joy to experience. I hope you have similar experiences!
Magic Number is amazing
I used Magic Number for both my Calculus class and my Chemistry class at UC Berkeley and it is incredibly useful. It is much better than the stock OS X calculator and has a lot of great functions. Plus, the developers are incredibly responsive and helpful and the app is updated with new features regularly. I would definitely recommend it.
I dont always use calculators, but when I do I use Magic Number!
I’m a real person, not a paid (beer) friend. :P I believe that a program that is designed well has a simple zen like feel. No fluff or distractions but efficient and powerfull. Magic Number is the Zen of Calculators. No ego, no arguments - just pure expressions and calculations the way it was meant to be.