Magic Piano by Smule
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From Bruno Mars to Mozart, play the hottest songs effortlessly on the #1 piano game, also available in HD for iPad and iPad mini! Get free songs every day and enjoy the largest catalog of songs in any piano app. Turn on game mode to unlock achievements and free songs, or just relax and play your favorite tunes. Join the over 25 million Magic Piano players and experience the fun of playing piano - no lessons needed!
Featured in the New York Times, TIME, MacWorld, as the Apple iPhone App of the Week and one of Apple's "Amazing Apps on iPhone 5," Magic Piano lets you experience the joy of making music and sharing your performances with the world.
OVER 1000 SONGS - NEW SONGS ADDED EVERY WEEK!
-Hot new hits are added to the app regularly, so check back for new releases and a FREE SONG every day!
-Earn new songs by playing and by watching videos
-Have an iPhone and iPad? Your songs will sync across multiple devices!
Current songs include:
• On Top of the World - Imagine Dragons
• Safe and Sound - Capital Cities
• Counting Stars - One Republic
• Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke, ft. T.I. & Pharrell Williams
• Wake Me Up - Avicii ft. Aloe Blacc
• Treasure - Bruno Mars
• Cups - Anna Kendrick
• Stay - Rihanna ft. Mikky Ekko
• Bubbly - Colbie Caillat
• What Makes You Beautiful - One Direction
• Moves Like Jagger - Maroon 5
• Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
• Rock You Like a Hurricane - Scorpions
• More Than Words - Extreme
• The Final Countdown - Europe
• Bring Me to Life - Evanescence
• The Magic Flute - Mozart
• Moonlight Sonata - Beethoven
MOVIES AND MUSICALS:
• Phantom of the Opera
• Jurassic Park Theme
• Friends in Low Places - Garth Brooks
• Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
• I Believe I Can Fly - R. Kelly
• Hero - Mariah Carey
• Respect - Aretha Franklin
Want a song that's not available? Suggest songs on Smule’s Facebook page: www.facebook.com/smule
PICK UP AND PLAY EFFORTLESSLY
Magic Piano makes you sound like a piano prodigy - any time, anywhere. Play your favorite songs with your own spin and sound great every time.
-Follow beams of light to guide your fingertips to the correct note. You control the notes, rhythm and tempo, allowing your creativity and expressivity to shine.
-Try out different instruments - change your piano into a harpsichord, Funky 80's synth, organ and more!
PLAY WITH VOCALISTS FROM SING! KARAOKE
In the new Sing! Jams mode, you can play the piano alongside real vocalists from the Smule community!
PLAY YOUR WAY TO THE TOP
Enter game mode and get rewarded for playing!
-Level up to unlock achievements and badges, earn free songs and make your way to the top of the song leaderboards.
-Change the difficulty of each song to give yourself a unique challenge.
SHARE YOUR PERFORMANCES WITH THE WORLD
-Broadcast your performances on the in-app Smule Globe or listen to other players’ songs and give their performances some love.
-Share your pieces through Facebook, Twitter and email.
UNLIMITED PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION
- You can subscribe for unlimited access to our full song and instrument catalog
- The subscriptions are $2.99 weekly, $7.99 monthly and $39.99/annually*
- You'll be able to play all available songs on any instrument for the duration of your subscription
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen package
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
*Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
What's New in Version 7.0.1
Today's update is just a quick bug fix. But man, did you see LAST week's update? Check it:
Fanfare, please! It's Sing! Jams launch day!
Magic Pianists can now play with performances from Sing! Karaoke. Start jamming with some of our best singers!
We've also added in some freestyle sections to let your creative side shine.
And, last but not least, we've tweaked and improved gameplay to make the entire experience better.
1. For the Daily Challenge, could you sort it into two categories ? Like the people who have the song compete each other for the highest score, and the rest who don't have it listen to the 30 second intro and try to get a good score the first time playing. Also, I would open the challenge and play the first few notes and then it would shut down and say come back 21 hours later to see the score, when I haven't even played the song yet.
2. How about put a V.I.P song for 75 coins once in a while? Because to access them you have to pay weekly, monthly, or yearly. You can't buy the song separately either.
3. There's no other way to get coins except to watch a few 30 to 60 second videos for 1,2,5 coins and then the app says "we've ran out of videos this time, please come back again later." Of course there's the achievements but you have to play fifty different songs and instruments for two coins.
4. The sing thing where you play with the singer makes no sense and is hard.
5. When you hear the song before or after you buy it, it's always fast and apparently the correct tempo. When I actually play it, the little reminders things say "Too fast" and I have to wait for the circle( notes) things to reach or cross the line which is irritating.
I don't see how pressing green dots correlates to a piano. You only use up to four fingers. Plus the app didn't change my new, really good high score for hallelujah. Otherwise, I love this app.
I used to love playing this. Until the Sing! update came out with it. I like using that extra feature. But the problem with it is that when I try to do some of the notes, and I hit them in the exact right spot it needs to be, it plays the next note or notes! I like the freestyle. Only good thing about the update, actually. And if you don't do it with Sing! guess what? The songs are really short. Like Heart Attack, for example. With the singers, it is much longer and more accurate to the song. But without the singers, it is way to short. If you try singing along while playing the piano without the singers, you can't do it. More examples are Let It Go, Grenade, and I'm sure there is way more! Either that or I'm just so unlucky to end up getting the ones that aren't full songs. And I looked up my favorite artist (Ariana Grande), and there were none of her songs on there! And lots of the songs that I actually found, were VIP! I used to love this app. Not anymore. This is now one of the most frustrating apps ever for me. If you love it, glad you do. But I find it extremely aggrivating. 😡
Fun but awkward
I love the idea, it's fun to play songs I love. The problem (and to me, it's a HUGE problem) is how it forces you to play almost every song faster than they actually are. As much bad press as the singing feature has received, I prefer those songs as the singers force the lights to move at the appropriate speed. What is the point of putting an enormous gap between notes if they're just going to fly down the screen to catch up, and penalize you for waiting to hit the note on the correct beat/"measure"? I have to play every song a couple times. Once to hear it how it should be played, and again to get points. I wouldn't care about the points if I didn't need them to play new songs.
The VIP stuff is garbage too. You get plenty of money from taptap, clash of clans and all the other ads you run with the smallest (x) close button imaginable.
It's fun, as I said, and I'll keep playing. But I won't speak highly of it until what seems to be a truly simple issue is corrected.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 27, 2014
- Version: 7.0.1
- Size: 31.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Smule, Inc.
- © 2010-2014 Smule, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Access Pass$2.99
- Starter Smoola Pack$2.99
- All Access Pass$7.99
- Small Smoola Pack$4.99
- Mini Smoola Pack$1.99
- Medium Smoola Pack$9.99
- All Access Pass$1.99
- All Access Pass$39.99
- All Access Pass$4.99
- Mini Smoola Pack$0.99