The Magic School Bus: Dinosaurs
By Scholastic Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***Mr. Dad Holiday Award
***Cynopsis Kids Imagination Award Finalist
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:
" ...this app has high replay value and will entertain your young dinosaur fan for many many hours." - Wired.com's Geek Dad
“Even adults will enjoy reading this book along with their kids, thanks to plenty of fascinating facts.” – PadGadget.com
“Magic School Bus: Dinosaurs is a great example of how children’s books can be brought to life on the iPad....” – GamerPops.com
Wahoo! Time to go on a field trip with Ms. Frizzle on the Magic School Bus to explore dinosaurs! Based on the book "The Magic School Bus: In the Time of Dinosaurs" written by Joanna Cole and illustrated by Bruce Degen, this interactive storybook app lets readers dig deep to discover everything they want to know about dinosaurs! Every page of this Magic School Bus adventure features an interaction to extend the reading experience. Go on dinosaur digs to uncover the fossils of 16 different dinosaurs, and then assemble the dinosaur bones to earn a dinosaur card! Or, touch a notebook icon anywhere you see it to read what the students have learned as they explore fossils, dinosaur nests and more. When the dinosaur reading adventure is complete, play a fast-paced game to discover dinosaurs that lived on all seven of the world’s continents!
• Embodies the “open exploration” essence of The Magic School Bus – which encourages kids to “take chances, make mistakes…and get messy!”
• “Touch & Tilt” animated interactions make it easy for children to engage with the story.
• Over 20 individual voices plus original music and sound effects bring the story to life – meaning you don’t have to know how to read to enjoy The Magic School Bus!
• Dinosaur digs to unearth fossils and build dinosaurs using the bones uncovered!
• 16 different Dinosaur Cards that offer pictures, facts and more!
• 16 reports written by students in Ms. Frizzle’s class—each filled with intriguing science lessons.
• Replayable game with 7 different levels explores where dinosaurs lived around the world.
• Hundreds of facts about dinosaurs including when and where dinosaurs lived to their eating habits and physical characteristics.
• Individual words highlight as they are read aloud to aid reading skills; settings options allow independent readers to turn off music and narration, access dinosaur cards and go to a specific page in the story.
What's New in Version 1.4
Great interactive app
I was hesitant to spend so much for just an audiobook with static images, but my 3.5-year-old absolutely loves this little app. We have the book so the story is familiar, but he can choose which parts to hear (the reports and the dialog boxes need to be touched separately from the primary text), and there is a cute little archeology game that he enjoys playing. At least 30 minutes of fun the first time, and actually educational...I love it!
Sound doesn't work...
Might be a good app but sound doesn't work, everything is up to date- just not working...
- Category: Books
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 129 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Scholastic Interactive LLC
- TM & © 2011 Scholastic Inc. Based on The Magic School Bus book series © Joanna Cole and Bruce Degen.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.