By Cristi Saylor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app uses words, photos and sounds of a list of toys to promote first words and pre-literacy in a fun and meaningful way. It also allows adults to create playlists using photos, sounds and words of their child’s own toys to add to the list of toys that comes installed in the app. Users can re-arrange the order the toys will loop through as the child plays with the app and add in as many new toys and playlists as they want.
This app was designed by educators for young children as a fun game to build early language and pre-literacy skills. It has been endorsed by Perkins School for the Blind in their Paths to Literacy as an app that works well for young children who have low vision. It has also been endorsed by special education teachers and speech and language therapists as a fun way to build vocabulary and make the connection between real objects and photographs.
Key features of the app:
* the toy box moves around enticing the child to touch it.
* when the toy box opens the child sees pictures of toys along with the printed name of each toy, and hears the name and sound of the toy.
* the toy box looks and behaves like a real object.
* to operate the app just touch the box to open it and tap the toy to close the box.
* to enter the administrative section touch the gear in the upper right hand corner of the toy picture and follow the arrow until it turns green. Then just tap on the buttons that you need for adding new toys and playlists, and re-arranging the order of the toys.
Users can customize content by adding pictures and sounds of your child’s toys.
What's New in Version 4.0
- Category: Education
- Updated: May 29, 2014
- Version: 4.0
- Size: 50.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cristi Saylor
- © 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.