By Kekoa Vincent
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Calculates the Magnetic Declination for any point on earth.
Magnetic declination is the degree difference between true north and magnetic north. It's important to know the declination of your area if you are using a magnetic compass, so you can navigate to true north.
- Use your GPS location to find the declination for your current position
- Select from a database of 50,000 world cities
- Enter a custom location if you know the exact GPS coordinates.
- The app also stores your recently used locations so you can quickly return to past locations.
A positive declination indicates that magnetic north is east of true north. A negative declination indicates that magnetic north is west of true north.
What's New in Version 1.2
Easier to tap the most essential button in the app.
Great app for Adjusting Handheld compasses
This is a useful and wonderful app to adjust your handheld compass from magnetic north to true north. Especially I find it very useful to adjust my Brunton Pocket Transits for doing geological work in the field.
Wants excessive permissions
Nice app but only works if access to my location is granted "always", "even when not using the app" which is entirely unnecessary.
Not bad. It would be nice to have an option to input grid correction for a corrected declination.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 17, 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 1.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Daniel Vincent
- © 2009 Kekoa Vincent
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.