Magnetic Shaving Derby
By Brandon Williamson
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your mission is simple: USE THE MAGNET TO ATTRACT THE RAZOR TO SHAVE THE FACE!
Pixelly arcade action.
How to play:
The magnet follows your touch around the screen. The razor is drawn towards the magnet. Cut hairs with the razor whilst trying not to nick your eyes, nose and mouth.
Popping a pimple will temporarily reverse the magnet's polarity, causing the razor to be repelled.
Make good use of the multiplier, powerups and scoring system for MASSIVE POINTS!
Two shaving modes:
* Classic mode. The old family favourite. Shave once, shave fast. Try to finish before your beard starts growing again.
* Score Attack. Grab powerups, raise the multiplier, collect fruit. You have three minutes to score as many points as you can without fainting from blood loss.
Bonus game mode!
* Space Surfing. Endless and randomly generated. Be a penguin, surfing on a razor, in space. Collect rings and powerups, smash asteroids, share food with friendly space penguins.. Don't get hit by comets. Twirl/bump/shoot 'em up.
- OpenFeint online high scores & achievements.
- Original 8-bit chiptune soundtrack.
Check out some video of it in action -
Score attack: http://bit.ly/MSDiphone
Space surfing: http://bit.ly/SpaceSurfing
What's New in Version 1.3
Space Surfing mode has levelled up! Now with powerups, explosions, asteroid smashing, mysterious swirly things and more.
overflowing with style, but takes a while to get the hang of
This is the third time I've written a review for this game. The first time I had just bought it and was so frustrated simply moving the magnet around that I didn't see where the fun was. I gave it a generous three stars. When I wrote the second review--four stars--I had gotten past that, but the game still didn't click for me.
Now I'm giving it a legitimate five stars. There's an underlying method to the randomness. The way all the game elements tie into the central concept is flat-out brilliant. If the screenshots make you smile, just buy it, but give yourself time to adjust.
Oh there are flaws: trimming hairs near the screen edges is maddening; reverse polarity is nigh impossible to control; I accidentally hit pause 5+ times per play (usually when reverse polarity is active); hairs grow back too quickly in classic mode.
But it's still brilliant. Definitely worth the $2.
The its so bad its good app
So ridiculous and random, but thats why it is so great right?
Best game ever for any platform in the history of the universe.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 14, 2010
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brandon Williamson
- © 2010 Brandon Williamson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.